Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req18801
Job Title: Protection Mainstreaming Officer
Sector: Protection and rule of law
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Lodwar, Kenya
IRC is seeking a Protection mainstreaming officer, based in Lodwar under the direct supervision of the Field Manager. S/he will support IRC Lodwar field office in the implementation of Protection Mainstreaming activities, ensuring protection principles are mainstreamed in Nutrition, Women protection, Reproductive Health, and livelihood programs. S/he will ensure program reports budgets and activities implementation are conducted in a timely manner as per IRC and donor requirements. The incumbent will ensure needs of diverse women, men, boys, girls are considered in the assistance and services.
- Development of effective training materials to support protection mainstreaming and adherence to key protection principles.
- Organizing and delivering trainings and workshops on protection mainstreaming activities
- In collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation, Client Responsiveness and Accountability teams, consult at risk groups are consulted on their preferences, needs and aspirations.
- Ensure assistance and services avoid creating risks and minimize existing protection risks.
- Share findings to inform strategies to mitigate risks.
- Development and implementation of protection mainstreaming action plans
- Support clients to access services and with referrals to partner organizations for assistance.
- Undertaking regular monitoring and evaluation of activities to assess progress, identify issues, collect information, and document lessons learned.
- Compile and submit timely donor and activity reports, Monthly Management Quarterly and final implementation progress reports.
- Participate in proposal development, Budget verses Actuals review meetings and any other field management meetings. Contribute to documentation of the success stories and lesson learnt of the project during implementation under the support of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) department.
- Conduct routine data quality audit of the program with technical support of the M&E department.
- Submit high quality monthly reports; compile statistics, and document challenges and lessons learned.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Field Manager (Administrative) & Senior Protection Manager (Technical)
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Program Managers
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Regular coordination with other IRC sectors (Nutrition, Women’s Economic and Empowerment, Economic Recovery and Development) and with other humanitarian actors and partners
Approximately four years of meaningful experience, implementing humanitarian protection mainstreaming activities.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated experience working with vulnerable populations.
- Understanding of key protection principles
- Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in social work, human rights, international law, Social Science, Statistics, or related field.
- Advanced English language skills, oral and written.
- Fluency in Turkana desirable
Preferred experience & skills
- Experience in safe programming/protection mainstreaming and inclusion.
- Excellent facilitation skills, and strong understanding of how to collect feedback safely and accurately from all members of a community regardless of their age, gender, or other diversity factors.
- Organizing and delivering trainings on protection mainstreaming.
- Data collection, analysis, and visualization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to prioritize and deliver on time.
- Strong analytic problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PSS, EPI info, KOBO/ODK PowerPoint etc.)
- Standard office work environment, with extensive travel in Turkana & West Pokot Counties.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.