Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req18799
Job Title: Warehouse Officer
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Warehouse Officer is an integral member of the Supply Chain Department, and holds primary responsibility for inventory, asset, property, and warehouse management. The role is responsible for implementing the IRC inventory policies with regard to all project items, including cycle counting, reporting discrepancies, pharmaceutical quality assurance, and cold-chain management where applicable.
Materials Receiving and Dispatch
- Receive and document materials from suppliers and other sources.
- Inspect materials during receiving and update required documentation
- Liaise with the Warehouse manager and Supply Chain manager to advise Programs of potential inventory shortages and to provide update on stock levels
- Organize a cold-chain system and ensure cold-chain items are handled appropriately
- Inspect materials dispatched from the main warehouse to field site warehouse and update appropriate dispatch documents
- Implement Supply Chain Standard Operating Procedures on assets and inventory management
- Handle all Contribution In Kind (CIK) and Closed-Grant Inventory
- Organize the replenishment of stock items as need arises based on an approved purchase requisitions and inventory management policy
- Update stock cards, bin cards, and inventory system regularly
- Implement standard warehouse documentation processes such as delivery Report, Waybills, Store Release, Bin Cards, and Stock Cards
- Maintain the Warehouse records (i.e. Warehouse Register) for all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities
- Ensure Warehouse Authorization Schedule is up to date and is displayed in a visible place in the warehouse
- Participate in, and provide accurate reports for, year-end counts exercise
- Fully participate in periodic 20% inventory cycle-counts for all stock
- Conduct periodic internal inventory checks and document all findings, discrepancies, and reconciliations
- Implement (FIFO, FEFO, LIFO) procedures for goods in the warehouse
- Ensure efficient and effective arrangement of storage facilities with appropriate layout, and with signs displayed visibly
- Assign tasks to and supervise casual laborers
Warehouse Safety and Security
- Ensure physical security of the Warehouse by restricting visitors and unauthorized persons
- Implement and ensure effective and understandable safety procedures
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings, and equipment
- Maintain and document an effective warehouse pest control program
- Maintain and periodically service fire extinguishers
Asset and Property
- Ensure that all assets are controlled and managed properly in accordance to donor-specific polices
- Implement standard IRC assets management policies and procedures
- Update appropriate Asset records, including the Asset register and produce monthly Asset reports
- Work closely with the supervisor to dispose of assets by mechanisms such as auction, transfer, and donation, in compliance with donor requirements and organizational policies
- Conduct asset inventory (physical count) during each reporting period
- Prepare updated asset list for end-of-grant report and develop running cost-analysis of assets
- Prepare and submit accurate inventory and asset reports to supervisor on time pursuant to donor requirements for assets
- Develop and update warehouse material distribution plans as required
Key Working Relationships:
Position directly supervises: None
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Regular relationships with Program staff, Operations and country Supply Chain staff at all levels
Education: University degree or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration, or related field
Work Experience: 3-4 years of work experience in supply chain operations (Warehouse/Asset).
Prior experience of working in Logistics, Inventory, or Warehouse Officer position in a multi-cultural environment
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Fluent English written and spoken is required. Knowledge of French and Arabic is desired
- Competent with Microsoft Office365 software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, and ERPs, including Microsoft Dynamics365
- General knowledge of supply chain procedures and tools
- Good mathematical skills
- Strong sense of personal integrity
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Team spirit and problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Remains productive when under pressure
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, genders, and backgrounds
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.