Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Established in 1937 and located at Bomet County, Tenwek Hospital is a Ministry of the Africa Gospel Church Kenya. It’s a 361 Bed Capacity Teaching and Referral Hospital serving the vast South West Region of Kenya including but not limited to Bomet, Narok, Kisii, Kericho and Kisumu Counties. Over the years, the Hospital has grown to become one of the top healthcare institutions in the Country offering a wide variety of healthcare services.
Tenwek Hospital is a Christian Community committed to excellence in provision of Compassionate Healthcare, Spiritual Ministry and Training for Service to the Glory of God.
In order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery, the Hospital is seeking to recruit highly motivated, ministry minded, born again Christians with good standing, demonstrating spiritual maturity, integrity and a calling to serve to fill the following positions:
Job Ref: TH/HRD/DEN/07/2021: DENTAL OFFICER
Role Summary: Reporting to the Head of Dental Services, the holder of the position will glorify God through excellence in dental and oral health care and by teaching, mentoring and learning with others the principles of general dentistry.
The right candidate will be required to:
- Performing dental procedures, such as extractions, root canals, and filling cavities.
- Correcting bite issues and overcrowding.
- Prescribing medications for dental problems, such as pain medications or antibiotics.
- Giving clients sedatives or anesthesia prior to administering treatments. Ensuring the safe administration of anesthetics.
- Ordering diagnostic measures, such as x-rays, models, and Interpreting x-rays and diagnostic tests.
- Keeping records relating to the oral the health of patients and the treatments given to them.
- Meeting with patients to discuss and treat dental concerns, performing regular cleanings and other preventative procedures, and establish a plan for better dental hygiene.
- Educate patients on preventive dental care and oral health care.
- Apply sealants to teeth and bleach and polish teeth for color restoration.
- Use dental instruments safely to avoid accidents.
- Ensure that the work area is maintained safe, clean and organized.
- Follow standard dentistry procedures and comply with company policies.
- Evaluate the patient’s dental health and prescribe medications.
- Stay abreast with latest developments and techniques in the dental field.
- Work with office staffs in managing patient appointments and scheduling.
Qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Bachelors in Dental Surgery (BDS) from a recognized institution
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Registration with KMPDB and this year’s retention certificate
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental procedures, tools, and diagnostics.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional standards
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, a commitment to lead by example and dedication to the mission of Tenwek Hospital
- Superb judgment, problem-solving and cognitive skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A committed christian
The Chief Executive Officer,
P.O. Box 39-20400,
Applications should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st July, 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted