Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Responsible for designing an optimal reinsurance programs, assessment and placement of risks and reinsurance recoveries for the group.
- Review all risks acceptances to ensure they are protected by proper reinsurance arrangement;
- Monitor the reinsurance register to ensure risks are correctly allocated into the relevant treaties;
- Negotiate and review reinsurance contracts (best rates and terms) at each reinsurance renewal period;
- Underwrite inward facultative business;
- Prepare reinsurance underwriting and claims statistics for reinsurance renewals and review of profitability of the reinsurance program;
- Grow inward facultative business and collect premiums, through acquisition of new and retention of existing business;
- Place all risks that are in excess of capacity;
- Prepare and file quarterly reinsurance returns and
- Negotiate special acceptances of unusual risks.
- Ensure facultative premiums are collected on time.
- Ensure treaty recoveries are done on time.
- Collect all outstanding debt on premiums and claims recoveries
- Process and ensure all custom bonds are canceled immediately they fall due.
- Carry out performance appraisal, coaching and mentoring staff;
- Resource allocation, staffing and leave approval;
- Participate in planning and budgeting for the department;
- Participate in various meeting and committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- ACII or AIIK is mandatory
- Minimum of six (6) years’ relevant experience, two (2) of which at supervisory level
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
- Understanding of the working environment /competitors
- Technical competence in insurance
- Basic knowledge of regulations by AKI and IRA
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly send your resume to the address below indicating on the subject of your email the job title.
Strictly apply through: https://cic.co.ke/job-application/ clearly indicating the position being applied for. E.g. REINSURANCE MANAGER – GENERAL BUSINESS
The application should reach us by close of business on 16th July 2021 through. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 6th August 2021 consider your application unsuccessful.