Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SENIOR DISASTER MANAGEMENT OFFICER-JOB GROUP L(4 POSTS)
•In the absence of the Director, the incumbent coordinates enforcement of the County’s emergency operation plan relative to disaster prevention, response and recovery.
•The incumbent directs various operations during natural or manmade disasters.
•The work is performed under the general direction of the Director of Emergency Response and Communications with wide leeway for the use of independent judgment.
•Does related work as required
•Bachelors degree in disciplines such as rural development, disaster management or social science
•At least one (1) years of work experience
•Excellent ability to quickly grasp and synthesize inputs from a range of disciplines related to disaster management and development;
•Proficient in using the prevalent computer applications (word processing, presentations, email, etc.)
•Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision;
•Good communication and interpersonal skills, team oriented work style, interest and experience of working in multi-cultural environment.
•Fluency in English is required.
Important information to applicants
- Applications can ONLY be submitted ONLINE on or before the stipulated deadline.
- Applicants should be Kenyan Citizens.
- Applicants should meet requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya and will be required to have clearance certificates from EACC, KRA, CRB and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police Service
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applicant must have no prior criminal conviction or pending criminal action.
- Applicants must be physically and medically fit.
Nairobi City County is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.