Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position title: Procurement and Contracts Assistant
Reports to: Procurement Coordinator
Career Level: Assistant Level 1
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Procurement and Contracts Officer works closely and collaborates with program and operational teams to ensure an effective and efficient Contract management processes. The Procurement and Contracts Officer will effectively manage a portfolio of contracts i.e. procurement of consultancies, services and goods in order to facilitate the delivery of quality projects on time and on budget.
Outgoing Contracts/Agreements for Procurement of Consultants, Goods and Services
- Act as a link between procurement and contracting process by ensuring due process was followed on awarding and raise any gaps that may be noted in the process.
- Expeditious and accurate preparation of agreements incorporating key network provisions, special conditions of contract and risk mitigating measures as identified
- Manage issuance of internally executed consultancy outgoing agreements and follow-through for full execution
- Forward to finance for payments and programmes for follow through, fully executed consultancy agreements
- Maintain an updated dashboard for all issued procurement contracts indicating primary donors, amounts, deliverables and timelines for deliverables
- Close monitoring of all contracts for timely extension/renewal; provide quarterly alerts to procurement team to commence tendering for any agreements due to lapse in 3 months (quarterly)
- Provide accrual information to the finance team by the 10th of the end of the quarter (or earlier as required) for ongoing contracts
- Provide status of pending contracts every two weeks
- Act as the primary repository for all procurement contracts
- Identify and summarize the key obligations in specific donor agreements procurement and ensure these are shared with procurement staff and internal stakeholders
- Participate in donor inception workshops and share the key expectations with internal stakeholders
- Monthly reports-monitoring and extending SLAs and other contracts due for extension
Market Research and Procurement Planning
- Maintain database on market prices for routine procurements
- Conduct market research for high value/complex procurements
- Ensure quarterly procurement plans are completed by programme staff and commence supplier identification and registration for any new categories
- Assist in populating procurement and other reports as requested
Supplier pre-qualification and Performance Evaluation
- Maintain and update the supplier roster as required
- Conduct due diligence checks (supplier references, site visits, historical data, and anti-terrorism compliance) on new and existing suppliers as and when the need arises including Bridger checks and secure approval for inclusion into supplier roster
- Act as the repository for supplier management and annual vendor evaluation process and ad hoc evaluation for high value contracts
- Prepare solicitation documents as and when required
- Prepare quotation/comparative analyses as the need arises
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business field such as accounting, finance, strategic management, business, economics etc.;
- CIPS/KISM qualifications.
Key Skills/ Competencies
- Sound knowledge and experience with donor rules and regulations (EU, USAID, DANIDA etc);
- Knowledge of an ERP system
- Effective skills in contracts management
- Experience in drafting and managing contracts.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels (written and verbal);
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Leadership and people management skills.
- Capacity Building & Training skills
- Has an affinity with the vision of WWF-Kenya and adheres to WWF Kenya’s values
- Identifies and aligns with the core values of the WWF organization: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in procurement and contracts & reporting, within an international non-governmental organization with complex donor requirements
Internal: interacts with the Heads of Departments, Finance & Operations staff and All WWF Kenya staff.
External: Interacts with the WWF Network, Government Ministries and department, Service Providers and suppliers, Regulatory Bodies and Other Conservation Agencies
This job description covers the main tasks. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organisational needs.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply with your CV and cover letter as one file with the Job Title of Position Applied for on the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received no later than 20th July, 2021. We will not accept applications without a CV and cover letter.
- Work permit restrictions may apply.
- WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce