Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position title: Talent, Learning & Development Officer
Reports to: P & C Coordinator
Career Level: Professional Level 1
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
What we do
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable.
About the Role
WWF-Kenya recognizes staff learning and development as a strategic investment. It is therefore our policy to train and develop employees and teams to equip them with the requisite skills, knowledge and competencies that they require to meet the organization’s current and future strategic objectives. The intention is to prepare employees to keep pace with WWF-Kenya as the Organization changes and grows.
Who we are looking for
The incumbent will be a dynamic, hands-on training expert with a love for technology who is capable of providing strategic and tactical support for driving learning initiatives in WWF Kenya. You will be responsible for developing and implementing an organization-wide Learning & Development strategy that facilitates and drives individual development and capacity building in line with WWF Kenya requirements. The position will involve collaborating effectively with people at all job levels and interacting with a diverse group of individuals and personalities to ensure the achievement of individual, functional and organizational goals.
Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Conducting Training Needs Analysis using both structured and informal methods to capture requirements across the organization; identifying current and future developmental needs at the individual level, and capacity building requirements at the organization level.
- Conceptualizing innovative and flexible methods to address the developmental and capacity building needs identified, including identification of external training programs and conferences, the design and delivery of in-house training sessions, enrollment in online learning programs, mentoring, coaching, self-learning, and other methods as appropriate.
- Driving and facilitating the development and implementation of the L&D Plan to ensure smooth execution with effective outcomes; providing thought leadership around program design and delivery.
- Lead the development and continuous improvement of a comprehensive learning and development strategy ensuring strategic alignment with WWF Kenya goals
- Refining existing systems and processes, and setting up new processes as required, including: preparing and tracking the annual L&D Budget; creating and updating the Training Calendar; tracking training attendance; capturing feedback on training programs as well as conferences and workshops attended.
- Design and develop programs and curriculum, partner with internal subject matter experts and/or external vendors to achieve defined training, learning and development objectives.
- Ensure business results are improved through quality management systems by assisting employees improve their own performance and effectiveness on their job.
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in learning trends, changes in learning theory, and developments in learning technologies
- Ensure consistent, effective design and implementation of training programs and materials aligned to the organizational mission and core values.
- Create and maintain processes to monitor the health and effectiveness of training interactions and the return on investment for the Organization.
- Build relationships and influence leadership team colleagues to address issues that inhibit effective learning
- Establish and maintain individual and organizational performance evaluation methods for training content, delivery, activities, engagement and outcomes.
- Undertake any other duties, consistent with skills and experience, as directed.
- Master’s degree in Organizational Design, Education, Organizational Psychology, or Business Administration (MBA) with a specialization in HR, or any other relevant degree.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience and a good understanding of L&D systems and processes, instructional design, content development, training delivery, and evaluation of training effectiveness.
- Recognized professional membership with IHRM or any other reputable organization.
- Experience in conducting organizational, functional unit level and individual needs analysis to identify learning and development needs; experience in running targeted development programs.
- Good knowledge of the training/learning related offerings available in the market, including relevant training organizations and service providers.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with a range of audiences and levels of experience.
- Extensive experience with Learning Management Systems-requirements gathering, implementation and management.
- Extensive experience working in a fast-paced, complex and matrix organization
- Demonstrated experience in skill and competency mapping and data management
- Ability to manage multiple projects to ensure on-time delivery and quality using both internal and external resources.
- Demonstrate affinity with employee learning and learning technologies.
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices.
- Effective and adaptable communication, with the skills to successfully train a variety of employee types and levels.
Internal: Interacts frequently with the Senior Leadership Team and all WWF Kenya staff. Work closely with Programme Managers and Thematic leads.
External: Interacts with the Talent, Learning & Development team at WWF-International. Maintains a close working relationship with relevant training bodies and partner with external bodies that offer training.
This job description covers the main tasks. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organisational needs.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please apply with your CV and cover letter as one file with the Job Title of Position Applied for on the subject line to: email@example.com to be received no later than 20th July, 2021. We will not accept applications without a CV and cover letter.
- Work permit restrictions may apply.
- WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce