Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
BlueOrchard is a leading global impact investment manager and member of the Schroders Group. As a pioneering impact investor, the firm is dedicated to generating lasting positive impact for communities and the environment, while providing attractive returns to investors. BlueOrchard was founded in 2001, by initiative of the UN, as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide. Today, the firm offers impact investment solutions across asset classes, connecting millions of entrepreneurs in emerging and frontier markets with investors with the aim to make impact investment solutions accessible to all and to advance the conscious use of capital. Being a professional investment manager and expert in innovative blended finance mandates, BlueOrchard has a sophisticated international investor base and is a trusted partner of leading global development finance institutions. To date, BlueOrchard has invested more than USD 8bn across more than 90 countries. Over 215mn poor and vulnerable people in emerging and frontier markets received access to financial and related services with the support of BlueOrchard as of December 2020.
Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Nairobi, Kenya
Intern – Investment Team (6 months)
Objective of the BlueOrchard’s internship program is to create a pool of professionals who are passionate about impact investment and might be interested in exploring further opportunities with BlueOrchard as they may arise.
- Support in monitoring and analyzing Micro Finance Institutions and independently perform investment-related tasks;
- Conduct desk research regarding country risk, regulatory and competitive environment of local investees as well as potential new markets;
- Support the investment team in portfolio analysis and investors reporting.
Required skills and experience
- Master Degree, preferably in finance, business administration, related field or a similar professional experience;
- Experience in financial modelling is preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced skills in Excel and Power Point; VBA skill is a plus;
- Proficiency in English and French. French speaking skills will be assessed.
Your personal profile
- Reliable and committed, self-starter with strong work ethics and positive energy;
- Excellent team player with high service orientation;
- Proactive, result-driven, flexible with “hands-on” approach and willingness to also perform administrative tasks.
What we offer
- Work in a global and fast-growing company with a true commitment to its mission of fighting global poverty and climate change;
- An entrepreneurial culture, offering multiple opportunities for learning and development;
- A dynamic and multicultural team spread around the globe.
Deadline is 18th July, 2021