Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Major Incident & Problem Manager will work across all IT Services/Suppliers and will be accountable for the end-to-end management of Major IT Incidents and Problems.
They will be the primary point of contact for timely communication to business & technical stakeholders in relation to Major Incidents and will co-ordinate all activity from internal and external service providers throughout investigation and resolution of the incident.
The Major Incident & Problem Manager will be responsible for the full lifecycle of the Major Incident including the post incident activity, ensuring that problem records are raised and that all learnings are identified, mitigating actions are agreed and tracked through to implementation.
Within Problem Management, the incumbent will be responsible for proactively identifying problems, performing root cause analysis and tracking of permanent fix implementations or continual service improvements across all services and suppliers to:
- Reduce or remove the business impacts from IT outages & incidents
- Reduce the of number incidents raised with the Service Desk
- Improve processes to resolve incidents more efficiently
- Improve customer experience and customer satisfaction when engaging IT
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Ensure that Major Incidents are managed in accordance with the Major Incident Management policy & procedures.
- Business Impact Assessment of the Incident, setting the priority and deciding how the incident will be managed.
- Assessment and decisions on supplier resolver groups to be engaged in the Major Incident
- Lead the investigation and resolution of the Major Incident including running War room, documenting, and tracking progress and the timeline through to resolution
- Accountable for timely communication of Major Incidents to Business & Technical stakeholders.
- Responsible for the Post Incident Review (PIR) meeting, collating, assigning actions & tracking to closure.
- Responsible for tracking the PIR actions and ensuring that they are completed within the agreed timescales
- Produce Daily, Weekly and Monthly reporting on Major Incidents, Escalations and PIR action progress for IT Leadership Team.
- Review all IT Change Requests and challenge plans where appropriate in order to ensure system stability and service availability is retained
- Provide timely and accurate communication/reports to management, colleagues, customers where required, including appropriate escalation of issues.
- Establish, maintain, and maximise working relationships with key external partners/suppliers that provide support services. Work collaboratively with these parties on incidents, optimising their activities and ensuring that they are focused on service restoration.
- Support the continuous improvement of the Major Incident Management team and the Incident & Problem Management Process to reduce the business impact of IT Service interruptions.
- Problem Investigation and diagnosis through Root Cause Analysis.
- Lead Weekly Problem Review meetings.
- Process champion for ITIL Problem Management Process within the Bank.
- Manage staff performance in the team.
- Excellent understanding of Major Incident Management & Problem Management procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Proficiency in computing principles.
- Prior experience working with Service Desk and Incident Management Tools.
Key Critical Competencies
- Demonstrable, strong working knowledge of ITIL Service Management framework and process areas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to act as a single point of contact for Business & Technical stakeholders in relation to Major Incidents and Escalations
- Good and clear oral & written communication skills with non-technical stakeholders to ensure that they understand the impact of Major Incidents and the actions taken to resolve
- Experience of management and maintenance of relationships with suppliers of planned and operational services.
- Putting customers/business first; must have a passion for serving others.
- Experience in managing and leading teams to successfully deliver outputs in defined time frames
- Problem solving capabilities.
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Capable of multi-tasking, good time management and prioritization of workload.
- University degree or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years IT Service Management Experience.
- ITIL / ISO20000 Certification.
- ITIL Intermediate certification(s) is an added advantage
- Proficient in knowledge of the IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks, transaction processing systems)
- Project Management skills / Certifications desirable
Jul 22, 2021