Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req18857
Job Title: Regional Response Coordinator
Sector: Program Administration
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Yes
Location: Nairobi, IHUB, Kenya
With anticipated changes in refugee hosting arrangements in Kenya, which may impact on displacement trends across East Africa, IRC looks to coordinate country and global teams to meet emerging and continuing needs of affected refugees, returnees and host communities. Building on years of programming in the region, IRC aims to coordinate country and regional strategies in response to the upcoming changes in refugee hosting contexts. This role will be responsible for coordination between country offices and ensure key messages and lessons are shared widely.
• Develop Detailed Program Response Plans with Kenya, Somalia and South Sudan offices (potentially others if appliable)
• Lead on internal communication between various regional and global functions
• Work closely with East Africa Advocacy to ensure country teams are supported to implement and advocacy strategy .
• Coordinate or support country and regional leaders in coordination with other regional actors
• Develop external communications materials based on country and regional response plans
• Support or lead on business development opportunities as needed
• Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to the SMT, and when liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
Education: Advanced degree in International Development, Social Work, or other related field
• Minimum 5 years professional experience, strongly desired in the East Africa region
• Prevention and response programs in post conflict and development contexts
Demonstrated skills and competencies
• Master’s degree or its equivalent in program management, Social Science, business administration, international development, or a related field;
• At least five years of relevant experience in the East Africa region, specifically related to refugee programming or advocacy.
• Experience managing projects in complex, sensitive environments, and knowledge of CRRF programming.
• Strong project planning and organizational skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and advocacy with external parties;
• Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and maintaining unbiased and professional working relationships with government officials, civil society partners, and other counterparts and clients
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills, sound judgment, planning, team working and facilitation skills.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Highly developed analytical and communication skills.
• Proven ability to work well in and promote teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure with professional grace.
• Excellent English speaking and writing skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Professional Standards: IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.