Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services, SafeCare level 5 accreditation and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the position listed below:
Vacancy no: AKHK/NEG/003
Overall Responsibility: Under close supervision by a neurologist, the neurophysiology technologist prepares patients and performs electroencephalogram, nerve conduction studies and evoked potentials and assists the Electro-Myographer (neurologist) during the needle exam as required.
- Read a physician’s neurophysiology request to determine the question to be answered; explain to the patient the testing procedure and the need for the examination.
- Carry out independently the routine EEG, long-term video-EEG monitoring, and Nerve Conduction studies procedures and prepare the tests’ findings for interpretation by the neurologist.
- Assists Neurologist in performing electromyography test
- Escalate promptly concerns or panic reports to the neurologist for immediate interpretation and action
- Demonstrate critical thinking and skills to recognize and correct artifacts accordingly.
- Care for equipment through cleaning, storage, per shift check of the inventory and timely reporting and follow up of nonfunctional equipment to the program manager.
- Demonstrate customer service in all interactions, that is compassionate, friendly, and demonstrate respect for privacy
- Perform other duties as directed by the supervising neurologist
Qualifications and Requirements
- Diploma Graduate or equivalent qualification in Neurodiagnostic / Neurophysiology
- Two (2) years of experience from a neurophysiology lab in a recognized institution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required.
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae, including names, email addresses and telephone contacts of three referees and current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 23rd July 2021.
The email subject line MUST include position title and Vacancy number being applied for e.g., “NEUROPHYSIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST AKHK/NEG/003”
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, medical examination, or any fee)
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”.