Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT) Specialist
Project: USAID Stawisha Pwani
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is seeking to recruit candidates for the USAID Stawisha Pwani project.
The USAID Stawisha Pwani project is a five-year Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (KHPQS) project to be implemented in four coastal counties of Kilifi, Kwale, Mombasa, and Taita Taveta. The aim of the project is to increase the use of quality county-led health services by strengthening county health systems with a focus on HIV Prevention and Treatment, FP/RMNCAH and Nutrition. The program aims to support the four county governments toward sustainability in quality and systems of health services.
The primary function for this position is to provide technical assistance to the county teams to scale-up the provision of quality Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT) clinics for people who inject drugs (PWID).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with county, subcounty and facility teams to provide technical support to facilities to establish and provide oversight to MAT clinics for PWIDs in the counties.
- Provide mentorship to multi-disciplinary teams to enhance the provision of high-quality clinical assessment of all new clients for suitability for induction into MAT according to national guidelines including leading clinical effectiveness efforts and ensuring implementation of recommended clinical protocols and national guidelines.
- Ensure that the MAT client care is provided according to agreed basic care standards as defined by national guidelines and agreed performance measures.
- Ensure that treatment care plans are developed for all clients enrolled into MAT.
- Participate in the evaluation and continued improvement of medical care for PWIDs.
- Conduct training and mentorship of multi-disciplinary teams equipping them with skills to manage all co-occurring disorders among PWIDs including HIV, TB, Hepatitis and Psychiatric disorders in consultation with other clinicians in the MAT clinic.
- Establish and implement referral systems to other relevant service points.
- Support infection control measures at the health facility.
- Participate in monthly and quarterly stakeholder meetings to review utilization of MAT services including effective referrals with community-based organizations.
- Utilize MAT facility data to inform delivery of services at the MAT facility.
- Medical Degree or related field.
- Five years’ experience in health programming for key populations and at least three years with PWIDs.
- Demonstrable knowledge of HIV/ART management, diagnosis and treatment procedures of conditions associated with HIV and adherence support.
- Experience working in a MAT clinic is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 22nd July 2021. Applicants are advised to include the title “MEDICATION ASSISTED THERAPY (MAT) SPECIALIST” on the subject line or