Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position Title: Program Officer
Project: USAID Stawisha Pwani
Reports to: County Team Lead Care and Treatment
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of health care in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is seeking to recruit candidates for the USAID Stawisha Pwani project.
The USAID Stawisha Pwani project is a five-year Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (KHPQS) project to be implemented in four coastal counties of Kilifi, Kwale, Mombasa, and Taita Taveta. The aim of the project is to increase the use of quality county-led health services by strengthening county health systems with a focus on HIV Prevention and Treatment, FP/RMNCAH and Nutrition. The program aims to support the four county governments toward sustainability in quality and systems of health services.
The Program Officer provides programmatic and technical support to field staffs implementing the project and ensure effective delivery of the desired results. These include support in implementation of the work plan, coordination of the technical team, and maintaining synergy within projects among other duties.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic and technical support to implementation of USAID Stawisha Pwani projects.
- In liaison with field staff, ensure timely development and implementation of work plans and budgets for the grants.
- Ensure project implementation is in line with donor guidelines, timelines, and targets.
- Ensure all interventions are implemented within schedule, plans and budgets.
- Ensure timely implementation and expenditure level reviews to track and manage work plans and budgets
- Provide programmatic support to field staff based on their needs.
- Maintain relationship with donors and respective MoH Divisions and county governments
- Support the Program Manager to develop and update work-plans and monthly calendar of activities.
- Support in the planning and organization of workshops, trainings and meetings.
- Provide logistical and administrative support to the Technical Team in execution of their activities.
- Support in documentation of project activities such as workshops, conferences, trainings, and meetings.
- Contribute to writing of project reports as well as maintenance of project beneficiaries.
- Degree in development related course Project Management/Social Sciences/Administration.
- Five years’ experience managing health related donor-funded programs.
- Good computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft packages.
- Good organizational skills.
- Sound interpersonal and liaison skills as well as a team player.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Good communication and facilitation skills.
- Must be a self-motivated and reliable person who can work with minimal supervision.
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 22nd July 2021. Applicants are advised to include the title “PROGRAM OFFICER” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) – Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.