IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sr. Finance and Budget Analyst, Digital Square
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH’s Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) is committed to scaling Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in the low and middle-income countries. Our work spans the entire software development lifecycle from analysis of information systems to deployment and long-term use of those systems. The Digital Health team at PATH works with government ministries of health, information and communication technology companies, the global health sector, and investors to improve the design, development, interoperability, and implementation of management information systems.
Digital Square, an initiative within CoDE, is one of PATH’s innovative responses to Global Health challenges to be a driver of change. Conceived from the lessons of the inefficiencies and redundancies of investments in digital technologies—including mistakes made during the Ebola response—the initiative will bring global and regional actors together to create a new way of thinking about, and a new way of doing, development.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Sr. Finance and Budget Analyst for its Digital Square’s operations team. The Sr. Finance and Budget Analyst will serve as cost lead for Digital Square’s business development activities and provide initiative-level financial analysis for Digital Square’s portfolio of awards. The successful candidate will work with the Director and Deputy Director of Operations and Project Administrators (PADMs) responsible for Digital Square’s three primary workstreams to track expenditures and support successful implementation, reporting, and forecasting.
- Business development (30%)
- Manage the development of program budgets for investors such as USAID, CDC, DFID, and UN agencies, including drafting best value sections, developing budgets, conducting financial analysis, drafting budget narratives, and ensuring compliance with investor requirements.
- Lead cost discussions and negotiations with investors and external partners.
- Develop program budgeting approach and supporting guidance documents.
- Develop tools and frameworks for simplifying budget inputs from technical and management teams.
- Provide direction and guidance to Sr. Program Associate supporting resource mobilization activities.
- Coordinate with CoDE resource mobilization team on Digital Square proposal management.
- Initiative-level financial management and data analysis (50%)
- In coordination with Director and Deputy Director of Operations, consult with center leadership on Digital Square financial outlook.
- Respond to internal and external audit queries, as required.
- Operational oversight (20%)
- Provide guidance to project teams, ensuring coordination and alignment with Digital Square and PATH strategies, SOPs, and investor requirements.
- Escalate potential compliance or financial risks to Director and Deputy Director of Operations and appropriate technical lead.
- Liaise with all PATH business units (Procurement, Finance, Office of Grants & Contracts, Legal Affairs, and Investor Reporting) to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure accurate data and knowledge management across Digital Square/PATH tools and systems; these include but are not limited to: Smartsheet, Salesforce, and Business World.
- Support creation and maintenance of project guidance documents, including internal standard operating procedures, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in accounting, business administration, public administration or 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2-3 years’ costing and budget development experience for multi-million-dollar USG and multi-lateral awards.
- Proficiency in Tableau or comparable data visualization tools.
- Knowledge of 2 CFR 200 and USAID regulations required; in depth experience with FAR and knowledge of HHS guidelines preferred.
- Strong organizational skills; high level of attention to detail; effectiveness under deadlines; and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated financial management skills, with experience conducting financial analyses and forecasting.
- Team-focused and collegial with the ability to interact with diverse colleagues and facilitate strong working relationships; adept at working closely with others over geographical distance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; diplomacy in communicating with a broad and diverse audience. Facility with French preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software suite, and ability to learn financial systems/software; Sharepoint and Salesforce experience preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.