Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
The Senior Counsellor & Staff Care Specialist will be responsible for managing a 6 month specific client project with Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) to support staff wellbeing in South Sudan. This is a pioneering opportunity for Thrive, and so the successful candidate will have an important voice in shaping how Thrive delivers psychosocial services to clients, particularly in high risk environments in the future.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
1.Delivering Individual Psychosocial Interventions.
- Provide well developed, highly specialist psychological assessments, based on the appropriate use, interpretation and integration of complex data from a variety of sources including direct and indirect observation and semi-structured interviews with clients, family members and involved others.
- To provide well developed, highly specialist expertise and psychological advice, guidance and consultation to other multidisciplinary professionals contributing directly to client formulation / diagnosis and planning. Ensure that multidisciplinary colleagues have access to a psychologically based framework for understanding the care and therapy delivered to clients.
- To be mindful of the needs of individuals and families from a wide range of racial, cultural, sexual, religious and social backgrounds and, with clients and colleagues, co-produce innovative ways of communicating and working across language and cultural barriers.
- To be responsible for developing working relationships with relevant government, non government and community groups and organisations. Provide well developed, highly expert consultation about the psychological care and service delivery of the client group to external staff and organisations.
- To maintain a professional and approachable attitude towards patients, respecting their confidentiality.
- Provide reports to clients and/or client agencies where appropriate in a timely fashion, respecting the individual client’s confidentiality.
2.Delivering psychological interventions
- To conduct clinical psychosocial interventions for teams such as Psychological First Aid, grief and bereavement, debriefs and supervision.
- To deliver training to Thrive client organisations on a range of subjects including Family Liaison in a Crisis, Psychological First Aid and Vicarious Trauma.
- To facilitate workshops in a range of subjects such as stress management, resilience, team dynamics, psychological safety etc
- To support the development of new learning programmes, and preparing proposals to respond to client requests.
- To travel to South Sudan (with the potential of other locations) to deliver psychosocial interventions to support Thrive organisational clients.
- Representing Thrive to Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), specifically providing support to the South Sudan team and attending relevant meetings to support MSF in provision of staff wellbeing.
- To deliver presentations / webinars for Thrive clients to introduce services and counselling team and for prospective clients on a particular subject area that may be deemed of interest and useful.
- To join organisational client meetings with relevant other Thrive team members.
- To support Thrive team members, account managers with feedback to organisations exploring learning, trends, challenges and recommendations to boost individual and organisational thriving.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of trends and standards within the sector as a whole.
4. Maintaining and developing systems and processes
- To provide accurate and timely clinical information as required.
- To make full use of Thrive’s electronic record systems which include Electronic Patient Record Systems, electronic invoicing and other Assurance systems such as safeguarding reporting.
- Use information technology in line with Thrive’s information governance requirements, and maintain up to date knowledge of systems and governance requirements.
- To make full use of available teleconferencing and electronic diary scheduling facilities.
- Prepare and present teaching materials and presentations to a professional level including the use of video conferencing, audio visual packages and data visualization.
- Support systems for evaluation, monitoring and development of Thrive’s psychosocial services to ensure services are delivered in line with Thrive policies, relevant national guidance and evidence based practice.
- Use skills in undertaking research, audit and evaluation analyse and interpret complex data, identifying trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Lead, develop and implement service related Quality Improvement and/or academic research or service evaluation projects, and advise/support other staff undertaking research and evaluation activities. Ensure that relevant clinical research, service evaluation and audit are undertaken in accordance with professional requirements.
- Use a theoretical knowledge base and specialist clinical skills to support the psychological skills of others (assistant, trainee and other psychologists and members of other staff groups) via the development and delivery of teaching, training, supervision, support and consultation across the service.
- Comply with governance systems in place for the provision and monitoring of clinical and professional supervision of qualified and unqualified psychological practitioners across the directorate.
- Ensure practice within relevant guidelines for professional practice.
- Provide well developed and highly skilled consultation, teaching, training and (where agreed) clinical supervision to other multidisciplinary professionals for their provision of psychologically-based interventions for service users.
5.Maintaining high level of standards
- Ensure the personal development, maintenance and development of the highest professional standards of practice, through active participation in internal and external CPD training and development programmes.
- To abide by published ethical codes of professional practice in country of training and Kenya which are relevant to professional role, including clinical supervision requirements.
- Participate in clinical governance via audit and analysis of significant events. d. Maintain appropriate professional accreditation/registration.
- Attend regular team meetings such as clinical meetings, psychosocial supervision, all team meetings etc.
E= Essential | D=Desirable
E. Masters level or equivalent training in delivery of psychological therapies & services
E. Hold current, appropriate professional registration.
E. Post qualification training in the management of trauma including one of Narrative Exposure Therapy, EMDR or Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Trauma (CBT(P).
D. Relevant management / leadership training certificate D Certificate in psychological supervision
E. Fluent in spoken and written English
D. Proficiency in a second language
E. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal: excellent communicator on the phone and by email
E. Fluent use of word processing including spreadsheets, presentation packages and G suite, Microsoft Office or IOS packages, Patient Management System, and e-mail tools
E. Self-motivated with a high level of customer focus and business awareness
E. Excellent administration and organisational skills with an ability to multitask
E. Excellent team worker, and ability to work independently
E. Excellent at solving problems and negotiating skills
E. Ability to deliver training from professional psychological perspective
E. Excellent presentation and facilitation skills using a variety of methods
E. Methodical and organised approach to work and commitment to accuracy
E. Capable of working under own initiative with strong motivation to develop psychosocial services
Experience of work
E. Assessed experience of working as a qualified psychologist at a highly specialist level or assessed experience of working as a qualified psychotherapist.
E. Assessed experience of working with traumatised individuals, groups and populations
E. Experience of supporting humanitarian workers
D. Previous experience of working in South Sudan
D. Experience of working as part of an international team
D. Experience of working from home in virtual environment
D. Experience of working with Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
E. The theory and practice of psychological assessment and therapies in relation to treatment of a range of mental health disorders.
E. The principles and practice of clinical governance, clinical audit and research methodology
E. Sufficient knowledge of other modalities to engage appropriately with colleagues and their work with service users.
D. Doctoral level knowledge of research methodology, research design and complex, multivariate data analysis as practiced within the clinical fields of psychology.
E. Relevant mental health legislation and initiatives, safeguarding processes, Health & Safety issues and an appreciation of security considerations in hazardous environments.
E. Have personal values that align with Thrive Worldwide values
E. Demonstrate the ability to be proactive, responsive and to work collaboratively
E. Exhibit confidence, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
E. Be culturally sensitive, with an ability to work in a multicultural environment
E. Be articulate, diplomatic and able to apply lived experience collaboratively.
If you’d like to chat with us about the role, please do email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply:
To apply, send a CV and covering letter telling us why you are a good fit for the role to email@example.com.
Deadline for submissions is 5 pm GMT on the 21st July 2021.