Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Do you want to do well while doing good?
StepWise is partnering with Zalego Academy to hire experienced developers to help build internal software products
StepWise is making an impact by providing people with physical disabilities in the developing world with meaningful employment in the digital economy. Our highly motivated and skilled teams located in East Africa perform data processing tasks such as transcription and digitization, data labelling and annotation for machine learning and artificial intelligence data sets, and content moderation.
StepWise has offices in Austin, Texas and Nairobi, Kenya.
About the Job:
As a software developer at StepWise, you will work directly with our developer team and to develop new software features. To be successful, you must be equally comfortable interacting with business executives and diving into a detailed discussion with technical experts. You will work directly with the developer team to understand the needs of our customers and navigate the development and deployment of complex software features.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product, sales, and leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Persons with disabilities are also invited to apply
- One to many training , peer to peer training
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, IT, BBIT, or a related subject
- 2 years of experience
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark
- Advanced ability to perform exploratory data analysis
- Experience with common data science toolkits
- Experience with machine learning and AI
- Familiarity with data management tools
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Experience using web services Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, Vultr etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Working knowledge of statistics
- Exceptional technical writing skills
- Ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
- Ability to visualize data in the most effective way possible for a given project or study
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with team members from different backgrounds
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY