Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- About BOMA:
The BOMA Project is a fast-growing non-profit in US and a Kenyan NGO that is helping women entrepreneurs 33,000+ and counting to start new businesses in Eastern Africa. BOMA helps women impacted by climate change start new businesses to earn income, build a better future for themselves and their children, and evolve into respected leaders within their communities.
- Job Summary:
The Grants Coordinator will lead in the development, implementation and management of BOMA’s grants portfolio; support program teams in researching and reviewing grant opportunities; analyze competitive positioning and risk; researching on donor and sponsor policies and regulations to ensure general procedural compliance in the implementation of BOMA’s Grants.
- Key Duties Responsibilities:
- Provide hands on support in writing Grants applications and facilitate efficient grants administration and coordination. the negotiating on existing and new grants.
- Monitor progress of grant funded projects to include goals, objectives, outcomes, deliverables, and all other contract terms for assigned grant teams through regular communication and meetings
- Research on institutional and funding agency’s policies to ensure implementation and budgets are in compliance with the policies and regulations of the funding agencies.
- Accountable for managing internal reporting process through generation of Budget Vs Actuals (BVA’s) and work with program teams to finalize monthly and quarterly adjustments in accordance with donor requirements.
- Ensure high quality reports are submitted to donors including supporting the Finance and Admin Manager and CFO in drafting of external reports.
- Together with the Finance and Admin Manager develop and keep updated cost analysis for BOMA for budgeting purpose.
- Grant Management & Reporting
- Support program teams to maintain a complete and orderly administrative record of all proposals, contracts, partnerships, grants and other pre-award and post-award instruments including fiscal and operations reports.
- Maintain a database for reporting and tracking all proposal and grant information and activities.
- Administer existing grants to meet the grant agreement conditions and expectations of external donors, institutional donors in particular.
- Develop the internal systems to track and report effectively.
- Administer subcontracts with program partners and other service providers as identified to ensure the delivery of the program.
- Ensure compliance with all conditions of the donor contract.
- Identify risk and provide mitigation strategies for adhering to the donor’s grant requirements, institutional donors in particular.
- Monitor and support the use of grants management tools such as, BvAs, procurement planning, hire planning and activity plans amongst program teams to ensure accurate tracking of implementation and timely alerts to potential challenges/obstacles
- Staff Training
- Conduct regular training sessions in respective Cluster offices on Budget Management and donor regulations to Program, Operations and Finance staff.
- Required Education Qualifications and Experience
- A University Degree In Finance or a relevant field, or a combination of experience and education working in this sector.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Grants Management role in a multi donor program portfolio/organization
- Prior experience with USAID funded programs preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Cultural sensitivity
- Technical skills
- Good knowledge of spreadsheet software (Excel) required.
- Computer/word processing and standard office software skills.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software is preferred.
- High reporting skills.
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Experience using electronic data collection platforms
- Experience using Salesforce
- Hands-on experience using Stata/Excel/SPSS for data analysis.
- How to Apply:
Interested and suitable qualified candidates to submit their application, including Cover Letter, detailed CV, daytime telephone contact, and three professional referees to email@example.com (please do not include copies of certificates).
Give details of your current salary and the expectation in this position on the body of your Application Cover Letter. The subject line of your application should be clearly marked Grants Coordinator
Applications must be received by Tuesday, 20th July 2021; late applications will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.