Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology (JOOUST) wishes to recruit qualified and dedicate persons for the JOOUST-USAID BORESHA JAMII program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (KHPQS) in Kakamega, Kisumu, Nyamira and Vihiga counties. The focus is to increase use of Quality County led health and social services in the following programmatic areas; HIV care and treatment, FP, Reproductive Health, Maternal, Neonatal,Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RHMNCAH), Nutrition, Water and Sanitation (WASH), and mitigating social determinants that affect Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), DREAMS, Key and Priority Population (KP/ PP) and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC). We are seeking to recruit qualified and competent individuals to fill the following vacant positions in JOOUST-USAID-Boresha Jamii Program:
AUDIT AND COMPLIANCE OFFICER – GRADE 10 (1 Position) – JOOUST /UBJ/GC/2/202I
Reporting to Grants and Compliance Manager, the Audit and Compliance Officer will among others be responsible for the following:
• Develop and maintain an up to date understanding of Boresha Jamii’s operations, risks, and compliance requirement.
• Conduct individual internal audits, as part of the total internal audit plan.
• Develop internal audit scopes and programs and conduct audits in both project H/Q office and sub-awardee implementing sites.
• Write internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
• Provide recommendations that are applicable and add value to the business processes in project.
• Conduct follow up audits to validate implementation of corrective actions.
• Conduct training on internal controls, compliance and governance.
• Prepare periodic reports for the Grants and Compliance Manager.
• Develop audit programs, checklists, and audit analytical tools that improve the audit function.
• Maintain documentation of internal audit activities, including annual risk assessment documents, quarterly progress reports, audit reports, corrective actions follow up reports, risk register and control matrices.
• Promote organizational awareness and understanding of operational and compliance risks, internal and anti-fraud controls.
• Assist with other responsibilities and projects assigned by the Grants and Compliance Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Operations;
• Must be CPA certified of not less than five years post qualification
• Must be a member of ISACA at least 2 years post registrationAt least 4 years of experience in Internal Audit/Compliance related roles in a USAID funded project.
• Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions
• Great understanding of internal auditing standards and risk assessment practices.
• Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
• Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance.
• Will functionally report to the University’s Chief Internal Auditor while administratively reporting to the Chief of Party
How to apply:
Candidates are advised to visit Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology website http://www.jooust.ac.ke for respective positions applied for. Candidates who satisfy the requirement stated above should forward ten (10) copies of their applications, quoting the reference number for the specific position applied for on the letter and envelope and include up to date curriculum vitae, details of current remuneration, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, and testimonials as well as names and contacts ( including postal and email addresses, and daytime telephone numbers) of three referees to reach the under-mentioned So as to be received on or before Friday 16th July 2021by 5.00 pm. Applicants should also meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 210 – 40601, BONDO, Kenya
TEL. 057 – 2501804
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply