Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology (JOOUST) wishes to recruit qualified and dedicate persons for the JOOUST-USAID BORESHA JAMII program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (KHPQS) in Kakamega, Kisumu, Nyamira and Vihiga counties. The focus is to increase use of Quality County led health and social services in the following programmatic areas; HIV care and treatment, FP, Reproductive Health, Maternal, Neonatal,Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RHMNCAH), Nutrition, Water and Sanitation (WASH), and mitigating social determinants that affect Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), DREAMS, Key and Priority Population (KP/ PP) and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC). We are seeking to recruit qualified and competent individuals to fill the following vacant positions in JOOUST-USAID-Boresha Jamii Program:
COMMUNITY HEALTH, WATER HYGIENE & SANITATION (CWASH) COORDINATOR (I Position) – JOOUST /UBJ/CWASH/2/202I
The primary purpose of this position is to provide direct oversight for the Community Health Activities including Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH) portfolio. The incumbent is expected to guide, coordinate, manage and monitor Community FP/RMNCAH and WASH initiatives in Kakamega County. The Boresha Jamii C-WASH Coordinator will collocate with the Kakamega County Community focal person/ WASH Coordinator and work together with CHMT and other partners towards increasing demand for and improving WASH status in Kakamega County. The coordinator will be expected to collaborate with both Boresha Jamii Nutrition & RMNCAH Coordinator to improve synergies between WASH, nutrition and RMNCAH outcomes. As the CWASH Coordinator, the incumbent will fulfill a range of responsibilities within the county, including provision of technical assistance in WASH project planning implementation, data analysis, evaluation and Mentorship. Program management duties will include technical leadership as well as monitoring to ensure program performance, objectives and results are achieved in accordance to work plans and formal agreements. S/he will ensure all water/sanitation infrastructure and hygiene activities in the targeted county are implemented in accordance with the USAID and Government guidelines and policies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Community Health Nursing or Environmental Health Science is required. Master’s Degree in related field is an added advantage.
• A minimum five years of progressively responsible experience implementing Community Health Activities /WASH projects.
• Experience providing capacity building to county level water authorities and working with the private sector on improving access to WASH preferred.
• Experience in implementation of Community Led Total Sanitation approach desired. Experience working with county government is desirable. Language Proficiency: The incumbent must be fluent in English and have proven ability to communicate quickly, clearly and concisely both orally and in writing. The incumbent must have demonstrated ability to produce professional quality technical and analytic materials. Job Knowledge: A broad knowledge of water, hygiene and sanitation approaches is required. The incumbent must have knowledge of the Kenyan Health Systems.
Skills and Abilities:
• The incumbent must have superior analytical and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships across government entities, donor organizations, bilateral and multilateral agencies and private-sector organizations.
• Ability to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and prepare precise, accurate and complete reports is required.
• The incumbent must have the ability to assist in the development of revised public policies.
• Skills in conceptualizing project programming, policies and plans and developing strategies for their implementation is required.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and proactively work to achieve consensus on policy, project and administrative matters is required.
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of software program applications authorized for USAID use, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint or other database software, and word processing programs are also necessary.
How to apply:
Candidates are advised to visit Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology website http://www.jooust.ac.ke for respective positions applied for. Candidates who satisfy the requirement stated above should forward ten (10) copies of their applications, quoting the reference number for the specific position applied for on the letter and envelope and include up to date curriculum vitae, details of current remuneration, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, and testimonials as well as names and contacts ( including postal and email addresses, and daytime telephone numbers) of three referees to reach the under-mentioned So as to be received on or before Friday 16th July 2021by 5.00 pm. Applicants should also meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 210 – 40601, BONDO, Kenya
TEL. 057 – 2501804
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply