Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology (JOOUST) wishes to recruit qualified and dedicate persons for the JOOUST-USAID BORESHA JAMII program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (KHPQS) in Kakamega, Kisumu, Nyamira and Vihiga counties. The focus is to increase use of Quality County led health and social services in the following programmatic areas; HIV care and treatment, FP, Reproductive Health, Maternal, Neonatal,Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RHMNCAH), Nutrition, Water and Sanitation (WASH), and mitigating social determinants that affect Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), DREAMS, Key and Priority Population (KP/ PP) and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC). We are seeking to recruit qualified and competent individuals to fill the following vacant positions in JOOUST-USAID-Boresha Jamii Program:
COUNTY FR&RMNCAH COORDINATOR(S) – (3 positions) JOOUST /UBJ/RAMCAH/1/202I
The County FP/RMNCAH Coordinator, will coordinate and oversee the FP/RMNCAH component of the Boresha Jamii Project , including providing technical, programmatic and operational support to the implementation of the consolidated county health department annual work plan for strengthening integration of Family Planning, Maternal and Newborn Health, Child and Adolescent Health services, and Gender Based Violence services in the Health System and provide substantive support towards data collation and analysis. She/he will be expected to support the CHMT in the review, adaptation and development of evidence-based training materials, job aids, service delivery guidelines, quality improvement mechanisms, and other tools needed for the implementation of FP/RMNCAH activities in the context of the COVID 19 pandemic. She/he will also support the strengthening/ establishment of County Integrated RMNCAH, HIV, Nutrition and WASH technical working group to ensure that key RMNCAH interventions and strategies are integrated into the health policy and implementation aligns with the national RMNCAH
• Bachelor’s degree or Higher Diploma in Nursing, Clinical Medicine is required. Master’s Degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
• At least five (5) years of practical experience in planning, implementation, monitoring and supervision of maternal, neonatal, child and adolescent health activities including Family Planning at the County level including working with an integrated multi-sectoral TWG is preferred.
• Experience in implementation of SGBV initiatives is desired.
• Experience working with county government is most desirable. Language Proficiency:
• Must be fluent in English and have proven ability to communicate quickly, clearly, and concisely both orally and in writing.
• Should exhibit ability to produce professional quality technical and analytic materials, including program reports. Job Knowledge: A broad knowledge of Family Planning, Maternal and Newborn Health, Child and Adolescent Health is required. Must have knowledge of the Kenyan Health Systems.
Skills and Abilities:
• The applicant must have excellent analytical and communication skills.
• Should demonstrate ability to establish and maintain relationships across government entities, donor organizations, and private-sector organizations.
• Exhibit the ability to obtain, evaluate and interpret factual data and prepare precise, accurate and complete reports is required.
• The successful candidate must have the ability to assist in the development of revised public policies.
• Skills in conceptualizing project programming and developing strategies for their implementation is required.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and proactively work to achieve consensus on policy, project and administrative matters is required.
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of software program applications and use, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or other database software, and word processing programs are also necessary
How to apply:
Candidates are advised to visit Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology website http://www.jooust.ac.ke for respective positions applied for. Candidates who satisfy the requirement stated above should forward ten (10) copies of their applications, quoting the reference number for the specific position applied for on the letter and envelope and include up to date curriculum vitae, details of current remuneration, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, and testimonials as well as names and contacts ( including postal and email addresses, and daytime telephone numbers) of three referees to reach the under-mentioned So as to be received on or before Friday 16th July 2021by 5.00 pm. Applicants should also meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 210 – 40601, BONDO, Kenya
TEL. 057 – 2501804
Email – email@example.com
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply