Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology (JOOUST) wishes to recruit qualified and dedicate persons for the JOOUST-USAID BORESHA JAMII program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (KHPQS) in Kakamega, Kisumu, Nyamira and Vihiga counties. The focus is to increase use of Quality County led health and social services in the following programmatic areas; HIV care and treatment, FP, Reproductive Health, Maternal, Neonatal,Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RHMNCAH), Nutrition, Water and Sanitation (WASH), and mitigating social determinants that affect Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), DREAMS, Key and Priority Population (KP/ PP) and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC). We are seeking to recruit qualified and competent individuals to fill the following vacant positions in JOOUST-USAID-Boresha Jamii Program:
COUNTY MONITORING, EVALUATION AND LEARNING (MEL) OFFICER – GRADE 11 (4 positions) – JOOUST /UBJ/MEL/3/202I
Location: One each for Kisumu, Nyamira, Kakamega and Vihiga
Reporting to the MEL Advisor the County M&E Officer is responsible for guiding the overall County M&E strategy and implementation of related activities within Boresha Jamii project and undertakes timely preparation and submission of County reports.
• Capacity building of Boresha Jamii HRIOs, program Officers and MOH health facility and Subcounty staff on M&E related issues.
• Ensure relevant MoH/donor data collection and reporting tools are in place and are being used correctly by staff, to collect accurate data for project monitoring and performance.
• Ensure health care workers understand GOK/USAID reporting requirements including data tools, indicator definitions and reporting through continuous job training/mentorship, continuously identify data tools requirements.
• Planning and conducting data review meetings, DQAs and Support supervision in the County.
• Coordinating data collection in the County and ensuring that both routine and adhoc data is submitted to the Data Management team on time.
• Providing technical direction and assistance to the Subcounty M&E Officers and program HRIOs working in the County.
• Promoting data for decision making in the county.
• Disseminate program results at County/Sub-county progress review meetings and other stakeholder forums.
• Supporting the ministry of health reporting systems at the County level.
• Review, analyze, and validate program data to ensure consistency, integrity and accuracy based on project specific guidelines.
• Support County MoH in data analysis on DHIS and /or DATIM HIV program data and preparation of relevant reports.
• Support in DATIM data entry and validation from time to time.
• Verification of reports and data provided by HRIOs and Subcounty M&E Officers.
• Provide technical updates on reporting and dissemination of national guidelines to districts and implementing partners.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Health Records and Information, Public health, Biostatistics, or any other related field.
• 3 to 5 years of Monitoring and Evaluation experience.
• Working knowledge of PEPFAR programs.
• Demonstrated experience on use of KHIS, DATIM, CPIMS, EID/VL network and JPHES.
• Experience in capacity building on HIV, FP/RMNCAH, OVC and dreams M&E tools.
• Must possess excellent and demonstrable working knowledge and skills in Ms Office
– Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Practical knowledge of database systems will be an added advantage.
• Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations.
• Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others.
• Ability to multi-task; good writing and presentation skills; communication skills and teamwork.
• A Clear understanding of MER PEPFAR indicators.
• Ability to work deliver within short timelines
How to apply:
Candidates are advised to visit Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology website http://www.jooust.ac.ke for respective positions applied for. Candidates who satisfy the requirement stated above should forward ten (10) copies of their applications, quoting the reference number for the specific position applied for on the letter and envelope and include up to date curriculum vitae, details of current remuneration, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, and testimonials as well as names and contacts ( including postal and email addresses, and daytime telephone numbers) of three referees to reach the under-mentioned So as to be received on or before Friday 16th July 2021by 5.00 pm. Applicants should also meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 210 – 40601, BONDO, Kenya
TEL. 057 – 2501804
Email – email@example.com
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply