Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology (JOOUST) wishes to recruit qualified and dedicate persons for the JOOUST-USAID BORESHA JAMII program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (KHPQS) in Kakamega, Kisumu, Nyamira and Vihiga counties. The focus is to increase use of Quality County led health and social services in the following programmatic areas; HIV care and treatment, FP, Reproductive Health, Maternal, Neonatal,Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RHMNCAH), Nutrition, Water and Sanitation (WASH), and mitigating social determinants that affect Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), DREAMS, Key and Priority Population (KP/ PP) and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC). We are seeking to recruit qualified and competent individuals to fill the following vacant positions in JOOUST-USAID-Boresha Jamii Program:
DATA OFFICERS – 3 Positions – JOOUST /UBJ/MEL/2/202I
Reporting to the Data Manager, the Data Officer will support the daily running of data management systems for The Boresha Jamii Program.
• Data entry into the program databases, DATIM, JPHES and any other data management system.
• Track submitted data and share the reporting rates with the MEL advisor for follow up.
• Perform data quality and control procedures.
• Compile data, clean, transcribe onto database and submit data reports to research investigators.
• Coordination of various ancillary studies on site
• Preparing daily and weekly reports
• Installing and configuring computer hardware, software systems, networks, printers, and scanners.
• Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software.
• Trouble shoots all technology issues including hardware, software, and network operating system.
• Designing, improving, and updating live databases for long term data storage and backups.
• Scanning and filing of records, archive systems in accordance with department procedures.
• Provide training and orientation to new users and staff on various technologies.
• Training staff on guidelines, policies, and procedures.
• Any other duties assigned by Supervisor.
• A holder of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related fields connected to data management studies.
• Professional certification in courses on analytic skills and database management.
• 3- 5 years’ experience in M&E or Data management especially data from a comprehensive HIV program
• Training and experience in database management and statistical packages such as STATA, Excel, and any visualization packages.
• Demonstrated analysis, communication, interpersonal, report writing and presentation
• Proactive, creative, systematic thinker and problem-solver.
• Ability to work within very strict deadlines is a must.
• Experience in implementing programs and working with like KHIS, DATIM and JPHES.
• Ensure accuracy of the data entered into the various reporting EMRs.
• Previous experience in working with Kenya Ministry of Health, USAID-related projects,
• Attentive to detail.
• Data management and a well rooted individual in statistical analysis skills.
• Good communication skills- both written and oral.
• Skills in database development.
• Very good IT or statistical skills will be an added advantage
How to apply:
Candidates are advised to visit Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology website http://www.jooust.ac.ke for respective positions applied for. Candidates who satisfy the requirement stated above should forward ten (10) copies of their applications, quoting the reference number for the specific position applied for on the letter and envelope and include up to date curriculum vitae, details of current remuneration, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, and testimonials as well as names and contacts ( including postal and email addresses, and daytime telephone numbers) of three referees to reach the under-mentioned So as to be received on or before Friday 16th July 2021by 5.00 pm. Applicants should also meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 210 – 40601, BONDO, Kenya
TEL. 057 – 2501804
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply