Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology (JOOUST) wishes to recruit qualified and dedicate persons for the JOOUST-USAID BORESHA JAMII program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (KHPQS) in Kakamega, Kisumu, Nyamira and Vihiga counties. The focus is to increase use of Quality County led health and social services in the following programmatic areas; HIV care and treatment, FP, Reproductive Health, Maternal, Neonatal,Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RHMNCAH), Nutrition, Water and Sanitation (WASH), and mitigating social determinants that affect Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), DREAMS, Key and Priority Population (KP/ PP) and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC). We are seeking to recruit qualified and competent individuals to fill the following vacant positions in JOOUST-USAID-Boresha Jamii Program:
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER -GRADE 10 (1 Position) — JOOUST /UBJ/ICT/2/202I
Reporting to ICT Manager through the Lead Systems Administrator, the Information Technology (IT) Officer will be responsible for providing day-to-day technical support on all IT related issues including but not limited to networks, hardware and software maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting, configuration and user training among others..
Specific duties and responsibilities
• Administering, configuring and troubleshooting private or cloud-based servers Configuration, deployment, setting up and management of workstations, laptops and peripheral equipment.
• Provide software/hardware and system troubleshooting support.
• Manage the installation and upgrade process of computer hardware and software as per organizational guidelines and industry best practice.
• Ensure the availability of the local IP PBX and troubleshoot any challenges identified.
• Create mailboxes for new staff members.
• Offer support by troubleshooting mail access errors and assist in resetting passwords when necessary.
• Proactively monitor the network ensuring downtimes are identified and resolved with little to no impact to the business.
• Troubleshoot network issues and escalate to the relevant ISP.
• Offer support by troubleshooting, cable, wireless and other network infrastructure as needed.
• Communicate any technological failure to all staff e.g. internet outage, email problem.
• Servicing and maintenance of IT hardware equipment.
• Liaise with the relevant department to ensure identified hardware faults are fully resolved/repaired in a timely.
• Ensure timely and cost-effective replacement of network, software and peripheral equipment.
• Maintaining inventory of IT equipment/asset register.
• Provide basic user training and dissemination of technological information and updates to all staff.
• Plan frequent user training sessions.
• Ensure all devices have a valid software license and keep an inventory of the license keys.
• Enforce the adaptation of organizational IT policies and escalate as necessary when challenges arise.
• University degree/Diploma in either Computer Science, Information Technology or Business Information technology.
• At least two years of working experience in IT.
• MCSE & Network Certifications will be an additional advantage – (Networking Essentials, N+), CompTIA A+ certification.
• Working knowledge of virtualization, VMware, or equivalent Strong knowledge of systems and networking software’s, hardware and networking
• Working knowledge and experience of switching and routing protocols.
• Working knowledge and experience in networks/systems monitoring tools and protocols
• Knowledge in ICT professional standards
• Familiarity with SQL server or other database platforms
• Ability to identify customer needs, develop service standards and deliver service
• Experience in installing and supporting Linux environment.
• Experience setting up and managing AD, DNS,DHCP and other server roles
How to apply:
Candidates are advised to visit Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology website http://www.jooust.ac.ke for respective positions applied for. Candidates who satisfy the requirement stated above should forward ten (10) copies of their applications, quoting the reference number for the specific position applied for on the letter and envelope and include up to date curriculum vitae, details of current remuneration, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, and testimonials as well as names and contacts ( including postal and email addresses, and daytime telephone numbers) of three referees to reach the under-mentioned So as to be received on or before Friday 16th July 2021by 5.00 pm. Applicants should also meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 210 – 40601, BONDO, Kenya
TEL. 057 – 2501804
Email – email@example.com
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply