Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology (JOOUST) wishes to recruit qualified and dedicate persons for the JOOUST-USAID BORESHA JAMII program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (KHPQS) in Kakamega, Kisumu, Nyamira and Vihiga counties. The focus is to increase use of Quality County led health and social services in the following programmatic areas; HIV care and treatment, FP, Reproductive Health, Maternal, Neonatal,Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RHMNCAH), Nutrition, Water and Sanitation (WASH), and mitigating social determinants that affect Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), DREAMS, Key and Priority Population (KP/ PP) and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC). We are seeking to recruit qualified and competent individuals to fill the following vacant positions in JOOUST-USAID-Boresha Jamii Program:
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR – GRADE 12 (1 POSITION) – JOOUST /UBJ/ICT/1/202I
Reporting to ICT Manager the System Administrator will be primarily responsible for system support, monitoring and administration of JOOUST- USAID Boresha Jamii’s Private and Cloud Infrastructure based on windows and Unix/Linux environments running varying servers, storage and SAN systems, Support of Virtualization environment and Container platforms.
This includes general system administration tasks, software and hardware support, system configuration, backups, system monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, skills transfer and customer management. Configuration management and documentation.
Specific duties and Responsibilities
• Administering, configuring and troubleshooting private or cloud-based servers running on Microsoft Windows and Unix/Linux in physical, virtualized or containerized environment. Response, problem resolution and escalation of server issues.
• Support automation of infrastructure at massive scale to support scaling of digital services and as well as adoption of new technologies within Infrastructure and cloud support team.
• Support cloud Migration initiatives and new technologies adoption.
• Analysis of server hardware and operating system software, Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory. Role includes implementation of tactical service improvements, upgrades and system patching.
• Liaise with users, hardware and software vendors and internal systems owners to fine tune systems hardware and software for all systems.
• Operations of backup tools and testing of disk and data recovery solutions on all business systems. Prompt restoration of lost data for the business. Backup, hardware and software assurance.
• Technical support for assigned company initiatives and projects. Participation in feasibility studies and testing for new IT infrastructure components.
• Technical support to IT Container Platforms based on Kubernetes and Redhat OpenShift.
• Maintenance of systems documentation and procedure
• M.Sc. in Computer Science or Information Technology or Information Systems Or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Business Information Technology or Telecommunication Engineering from a recognized
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified
• Network Professional (CCNP) or Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA) or
• Certified Unix Administrator and any additional relevant ICT certifications
• Membership to relevant professional body
• At least five (5) years working experience in a busy ICT environment preferably USAID funded organization.
• Working knowledge of virtualization, VMware, or equivalent
• Strong knowledge of systems and networking software’s, hardware and networking
• Working knowledge and experience of switching and routing protocols.
• Working knowledge and experience in networks/systems monitoring tools and
• Knowledge in ICT professional standards
• Familiarity with SQL server or other database platforms
• Ability to identify customer needs, develop service standards and deliver service
• High level of integrity and Interpersonal skills
• Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment
• High level of attention to detail
• Ability to work well with teams
• Ability to work with minimum supervision under strict deadlines
• Working knowledge of Ms Dynamics Navision ERP
• Experience working with Kenya EMR medical record system
• Expert knowledge of Linux operating (e.g., RedHat or Centos, Debian etc.) and file systems (GlusterFS, Lustre, JuiceFS etc.)
• Experience working with multiple GPUs including the NVIDIA series.
• Demonstrated knowledge of system monitoring and strong scripting skills (Bash or Perl
• Working knowledge of ICT environments, equipment and devices and ability to install and maintain computer equipment.
• Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with managers and end-users or clients.
• Linux support and Management – shell scripting.
• Experience in installing and supporting Linux environment.
• Experience setting up and managing AD, DNS,DHCP and other server roles
How to apply:
Candidates are advised to visit Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology website http://www.jooust.ac.ke for respective positions applied for. Candidates who satisfy the requirement stated above should forward ten (10) copies of their applications, quoting the reference number for the specific position applied for on the letter and envelope and include up to date curriculum vitae, details of current remuneration, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, and testimonials as well as names and contacts ( including postal and email addresses, and daytime telephone numbers) of three referees to reach the under-mentioned So as to be received on or before Friday 16th July 2021by 5.00 pm. Applicants should also meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 210 – 40601, BONDO, Kenya
TEL. 057 – 2501804
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply