Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
VACANT POSITION: FINANCE MANAGER
Our client is a well-established Insurance company based in Nairobi. They are looking for a Finance Manager with experience preferably in the Finance/Insurance Sector.
Reporting directly to the C.E.O the person will be responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective and efficient financial management system: -financial reporting, cost control, budgeting, regulatory and statutory compliance, cash flow management, safeguarding the assets with an aim of attaining profitability.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance Manager shall be expected to perform the following tasks;
1) Develop and maintain adequacy operational and financial controls in the business: – systems, processes and people;
2) Develop and review budgets and financial plans of the company and ensure strict adherence to the budgets and plans;
3) Developing an effective cash flow/control system, creditor/debtor policies and guidelines and a fixed assets register;
4) Periodic review of policies and procedures to ensure their relevance to the business strategy and changing organizational needs;
5) Undertakes complex analysis and traces performance implications through complex data, or in dealing with complex situations. Applies analytical tools or techniques to analyses a range of data;
6) Monitor financial risk exposures through monthly risk reporting and suggest ways to manage financial risk;
7) Leading and motivating the finance team to ensure achievement of department objectives in alignment with company strategy;
8) Manage cash inflows and outflows to ensure optimum levels of liquidity and investments;
9) Ensure timely and accurate recording of financial transactions and compliance with international accounting standards and other relevant regulations;
10) Ensure the company operates at a positive cash flow at all times.
11) Review and file returns to the regulator and other statutory bodies on monthly, quarterly and yearly;
12) Review the completeness of the asset register and confirm that it is in line with the company accounts;
13) Confirm investment in company assets are within company investment policy statement and guided by the Insurance Act and advice the fund management monthly;
14) Review management and financial reports for completeness and preparation of board papers on a monthly and quarterly basis respectively;
15) Approve payments and check that all accounting transactions are posted to the correct cost centers;
16) Coordinate external and internal audits;
17) Manage cash flows, control costs and action on audit recommendations;
18) Liaise with external stakeholders e.g. banks, IRA, KRA towards enhancement of company operations and
19) Carry out any other duties assigned by your supervisor from time to time
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience with at least 4 years in senior management positions
- Prior working experience in an insurance company will be an added advantage
- Holds a Bachelors’ degree in Finance or any other Business related degree from a recognized institution
- Holds an Accounting Certification-CPA(K)/ACCA
- Membership to relevant professional bodies with good standing e.g. ICPAK
- MBA, Masters in Finance or strategic management or equivalent will be an added advantage
- Technical Skills:
- Strong financial, accounting and managerial skills
- Strong ability to implement and monitor internal controls
- Creative reporting capability
- Team manager and player
- Good communicator, planner and organizer
- Effective project management skills
- Strategic finance and tax planning
- Thorough knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS-9)
- Fully knowledgeable on the insurance Industry reporting requirements
- Corporate and Business Reporting
- Governance, Risk and Control
- Leadership and Management
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Click on this link and fill the online application form https://forms.gle/dovVxzwvFrKppSQZ8
- Email a copy of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 27th July 2021.
- Failure to adhere to the two-step application process will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will immediately be required to initiate and obtain clearance from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Department of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- A registered Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Evidence of the clearances or initiation of clearance MUST be provided when invited for preliminary interview. (Initiate the clearance well in advance in anticipation for the interview invite).