Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
LVCT Health is an established Kenyan NGO that is renowned for its implementation of HIV and health programs at scale in Kenya. Through its vision of Healthy Empowered Communities, LVCT Health is a leader in designing and implementation of innovative HIV prevention and treatment approaches, sexual and reproductive sexual and Gender Based Violence programs reaching the most vulnerable populations. The organization works with government and other stakeholders at national and county levels.
The USAID Stawisha Pwani is a 5-year program funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the US Agency for International Development (USAID) to increase the use of quality county-led health services in four Coastal counties of Kilifi, Kwale, Mombasa and Taita Taveta. The aim of the program is to strengthen county health systems with a focus on HIV Prevention & Treatment, Family Planning, Reproductive, Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (FP/ RMNCAH) and Nutrition. The program will support the four county governments toward sustainability in quality and systems of health services. The program objectives are:
- Increased demand for and access to quality HIV prevention services.
- Increased demand for and access to quality HIV treatment services.
- Use of quality FP, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child & Adolescent Health and Nutrition services(FP/RMNCAH).
- Strengthened capacity of county health systems, local partners and communities to deliver quality health services.
We are looking for a dynamic well qualified and motivated individual to join our great team by filling the
following vacant position: –
POSITION: Grants & Compliance Manager GCM/LVCT/07/2021
REPORTING TO: Chief of Party
LOCATION: Coast Region
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the role focuses on coordinating grants management and reporting processes, working in collaboration with other teams to produce high-quality and timely donor reporting and conducting staff capacity building on grants and reporting. The Grants and Compliance Manager will be responsible for providing program and support teams with general grants management support and advise on donor compliance and regulations to ensure grants are implemented on-track, on-time, and on budget. This position is ideal for a self-motivated and enthusiastic team player with strong grants experience who can produce quality deliverables within a limited time period.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Monitor and coordinate all phases of grants and restricted contributions from award through closeout, including grants administration, compliance, reporting, and compliance with approved budgets, contract terms, and legal or regulatory requirements.
- Ensure grants and contract budgets align with institutional budgets and forecasts.
- Work with finance team and program staff to ensure that key processes and systems are in place to manage grant risk assessments, donor financial compliance, and reporting management processes.
- Revise all proposed grants budgets prior to submission to ensure consistency with proposal requirements; accuracy in the calculation of salaries, direct and indirect expenses; compliance with established regulations; and makes recommendationsto program staff for revisions when appropriate.
- Coordinate with management to ensure compliance with due dates for submission of budget, technical and programmatic reports to federal agencies and private funders.
- Read all proposed sub-contract and sub-grant agreements and applications to ensure compliance with terms of contract and grant agreements between LVCT Health and its funders. Actively monitors subrecipients, and serves as liaison between program teams and finance team.
- Train all staff on the USG grant and compliance requirements and monitor adherence. Budget Management and Reporting
- Engage with relevant staff to monitor personnel salary and benefit data for the purpose of identifying discrepancies, resolving problems and/or issues, and ensuring that expenditures are in line with budget limits.
- Work with managers and other members of the Finance team to streamline internal financial reports and reporting processes to deliver more efficient, more effective, and more useful reports and analysis.
- Collaborate with program staff in development of comprehensive annual program budgets incorporating funding from restricted and unrestricted sources.
- Ensure compliance with current program budgets and spending policies, and proposes improved
- policies and systems regarding spending guidelines, cost savings, cost allocation, and annual planning.
- Engage with program staff across the organization to monitor and revise program budgets throughout the year and life of project(s)
- Work with members of finance team during annual audit to ensure that relevant information is transmitted to the auditors in a timely manner.
- Master’s degree in Business, Procurement, Accounting, Finance, Management, Auditing, Economics or related field.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in NGO sector in Senior Grants/Compliance Management positions, preferably in USG funded projects.
- In-depth understanding and experience of working with proposals and contracts from institutional donors.
- Experience in complex planning and budget processes including the ability to provide clear guidance on donor policies & procedures.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet time sensitive deadlines. Show a systematic effort to obtain needed data or feedback; and link long-range visions and concepts to daily work, ranging from simple understanding to an awareness of the impact at large on strategies and on choices.
- Up to date knowledge and understanding as well as experience in forecasting, negotiating, implementing the US Government funding.
The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Executive Management:
- Collaboration – ability to develop networks, build alliances, and collaborate across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
- Communication – Makes clear, persuasive oral presentations. Listens effectively and clarifies information as needed. Writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner for the intended audience. Keeps employees and colleagues apprised with relevant information.
- Influencing/negotiating – ability to persuade others, build consensus through give and take, and gain cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
- Flexibility – ability to adapt to changing donor requirements/needs.
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Salary history and expectations to email@example.com . The position applied for and reference number should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter.
The closing date is 22 July 2021. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website http://www.lvcthealth.org for more information about the organization. LVCT Health DOES NOT CHARGE any fee whatsoever in any part of the recruitment process.