Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
LVCT Health is an established Kenyan NGO that is renowned for its implementation of HIV and health programs at scale in Kenya. Through its vision of Healthy Empowered Communities, LVCT Health is a leader in designing and implementation of innovative HIV prevention and treatment approaches, sexual and reproductive sexual and Gender Based Violence programs reaching the most vulnerable populations. The organization works with government and other stakeholders at national and county levels.
The USAID Stawisha Pwani is a 5-year program funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the US Agency for International Development (USAID) to increase the use of quality county-led health services in four Coastal counties of Kilifi, Kwale, Mombasa and Taita Taveta. The aim of the program is to strengthen county health systems with a focus on HIV Prevention & Treatment, Family Planning, Reproductive, Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (FP/ RMNCAH) and Nutrition. The program will support the four county governments toward sustainability in quality and systems of health services. The program objectives are:
- Increased demand for and access to quality HIV prevention services.
- Increased demand for and access to quality HIV treatment services.
- Use of quality FP, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child & Adolescent Health and Nutrition services(FP/RMNCAH).
- Strengthened capacity of county health systems, local partners and communities to deliver quality health services.
The Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Specialist will provide technical support in building the capacity of the County Health Management Team (CHMT) towards ownership and utilization of high quality and sustainable HIV and FP/RMNCAH and Nutritional services as well as support the mainstreaming of HSS in all program areas. In addition, will ensure that HSS activities support the project transition/sustainability goals and objectives.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the HSS Technical Support to the CHMTs and across project areas to ensure high quality HIV services and oversee overall HSS initiatives in project.
- Develop and implement a HSS plan with clear milestones through the life of the project towards county ownership of health services under the USAID Stawisha Pwani.
- Contribute to building the capacity of CHMT in key health system strengthening functions, including policy, planning, health care financing and resource mobilization, budgeting, Human Resources for Health(HRH) management (including transition plans) and supply chain management systems.
- In conjunction with the technical staff, support health facilities in undertaking HSS capacity assessments (SIMS) gap analysis; setting priorities; and developing and implementing capacity strengthening plans.
- Work closely with technical staff, to provide technical assistance in mainstreaming HSS into annual program work plans for all projects.
- Support other project staff to identify technical assistance needs required to achieve the expected project results and develop the work plans for capacity strengthening activities.
- In consultation with the chief of party (COP), provide technical and management support to technical staff in HSS with the aim of improving the management of HIV and FP/RMNCAH and Nutrition services.
- Through mentorship, coaching and training, build the capacity of the USAID Stawisha Pwani and county technical staff in the mainstreaming of health systems in their technical service areas – service delivery, laboratory services, pharmacy services and strategic information
- Provide expert support in the development and application of HSS tools (gap analysis, supervisory etc.).
- Support technical staff to undertake regular Health systems assessments e.g. Site Improvement through Monitoring System (SIMS) in the project service delivery sites.
- Coordinate identification of training and system improvement needs and support implementation of relevant training modules targeting health workers and CHMTs.
- Take part in the donor review meetings on a regular basis and in the SIMS assessments.
- Participate in the relevant technical working groups (TWGs) in the county and supra county levels.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- A degree in Health or Social Sciences and a post graduate qualification in Public Health, Health Systems Management, public policy or related fields.
- Minimum of 7 years working experience working in health systems strengthening.
- Demonstrable knowledge of national and county health systems and policy development.
- Ability to cultivate, develop and maintain good relationships with the county government and staff, colleagues and partners.
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Salary history and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org . The position applied for and reference number should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter.
The closing date is 22 July 2021. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website http://www.lvcthealth.org for more information about the organization. LVCT Health DOES NOT CHARGE any fee whatsoever in any part of the recruitment process.