Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
LVCT Health is an established Kenyan NGO that is renowned for its implementation of HIV and health programs at scale in Kenya. Through its vision of Healthy Empowered Communities, LVCT Health is a leader in designing and implementation of innovative HIV prevention and treatment approaches, sexual and reproductive sexual and Gender Based Violence programs reaching the most vulnerable populations. The organization works with government and other stakeholders at national and county levels.
The USAID Stawisha Pwani is a 5-year program funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the US Agency for International Development (USAID) to increase the use of quality county-led health services in four Coastal counties of Kilifi, Kwale, Mombasa and Taita Taveta. The aim of the program is to strengthen county health systems with a focus on HIV Prevention & Treatment, Family Planning, Reproductive, Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health (FP/ RMNCAH) and Nutrition. The program will support the four county governments toward sustainability in quality and systems of health services. The program objectives are:
- Increased demand for and access to quality HIV prevention services.
- Increased demand for and access to quality HIV treatment services.
- Use of quality FP, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child & Adolescent Health and Nutrition services(FP/RMNCAH).
- Strengthened capacity of county health systems, local partners and communities to deliver quality health services.
- We are looking for a dynamic well qualified and motivated individual to join our great team by
filling the following vacant position: –
The HR & Admin Officer will be responsible for providing support to the HR & Admin Manager in the various human resource functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance management and employee counseling.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Assisting the HR Manager in design, development and delivery of strategic and operational HR services in the organization.
- Assisting in staff recruitment by reviewing job descriptions, drafting advertisements, shortlisting, preparing documentation for interviews, conducting interviews, candidate’s placement and orientation.
- Implementing HR policies, practices and procedures while ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Building capacity of the coordination team to understand and implement HR policies, guidelines and practices.
- Carrying out staffing audits, identifying staffing gaps, recruitment, selection and placement of staff.
- Working with program managers to address HR, administrative and staffing needs for various projects.
- Preparing institutional quarterly HR newsletters.
- Performing administrative roles in management of the organization’s medical insurance and pension scheme while ensuring correct and up to date information is availed to staff.
- Maintaining up to date and accurate staff and institutional records in the HRMS software and manual filling system.
- Maintaining an up to date database of all full time, contract and short term staff.
- Handling employee relations issues, dealing with grievances and implementing agreed on disciplinary procedures.
- Support HR Manager in review of performance management guidelines, HR policies and other institutional staff guidelines.
- Retaining up to date records of institutional assets and managing their issuance and insurance.
- HRMS administration and staff training on usage of self-care modules.
- Conducting staff exit interviews and facilitating effective staff clearance, documentation and release from the organization.
- Handling staff welfare matters.
- Preparing and presenting regular HR & Administrative reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in health Business Management/ Social Sciences or a related field.
- Higher diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Good understanding and practical knowledge of Kenyan labour laws and Statutory returns.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a busy HR office preferably in an NGO.
- Computer literacy and ability to use a recognised Human Resource Information System.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all Human Resource information.
- Experience in general office Administration.
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter, highly organised with ability to organize work of self and others effectively.
- Methodical and pays attention to details
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications and CV along with a cover letter expressing interest and indicating Salary history and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org . The position applied for and reference number should be clearly indicated on the subject line and cover letter.
The closing date is 22 July 2021. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. LVCT Health is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website http://www.lvcthealth.org for more information about the organization. LVCT Health DOES NOT CHARGE any fee whatsoever in any part of the recruitment process.