Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Are you passionate about making the world a better place for people displaced by war and conflict? Are you an expert in identifying talents, delivering excellent customer service, and improving the hiring process?
Norwegian Refugee Council welcomes your interest in one of its most exciting employment opportunities!
We are looking for talented Global Recruitment Advisers who will join the exciting adventure of building the best place to work with us at the NRC Global Recruitment Centre.
NRC launched its first Global Recruitment Centre in November 2020 in Nairobi. By establishing the Centre, NRC aims at driving efficiency and quality of recruitment in support of all its offices and operations in more than 30 countries. The Recruitment Centre covers a large functional scope comprising of five main areas: Attract, Search, Recruit, Vet and Contract. It is led by the Head of the Centre and consist of a team of expert recruiters and HR coordinators.
- Manage end-to-end recruitment process and deliver outstanding service to NRC hiring managers and candidates
- Develop a recruitment plan together with hiring manager for each recruitment and translate requirements into a solution-based recruitment strategy
- Provide advice and direction to hiring managers, HR staff and candidates about the entire hiring process, build those relationships effectively being a trusted adviser to both NRC staff and candidates
- Thoroughly assess candidates to ensure suitability for the role; evaluate and screen submitted applications, conduct interviews and perform assessment tests
- Ensure effective candidate management through ongoing communications regarding questions, updates and status during the recruitment; ensure candidates are treated with the utmost care throughout their process
- Identify and escalate any potential or actual issues/risks with delivering recruitment services
- Ensure effective sourcing and selection support based on knowledge of NRC programmes and context
- Build an effective candidate pool and maintain active relationship with pipelines of talent for current and future opportunities
- Maintain knowledge of the constantly changing environment of the marketplace relative to the sourcing and recruitment of qualified humanitarian professionals
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, procedures, tools, minimum standards, personal data protection rules and regulations and adhere to service level metrics to enable operational excellence
- Experience in operating global recruitment including sourcing, competency-based interviews, talent pools, and use of selection techniques
- Experience working in an international organization
- Highest level of customer service orientation, strong drive and “can-do attitude”
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values and ability to convey them
- Understanding of the importance of a strong employer brand in recruitment and ideally experience in employer branding
- Tech savvy, comfortable communicating virtually and learning new office tools, keeping abreast of advances in technology and social media
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience recruiting in the Middle East is an asset
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Other desirable linguistic skills: French, Arabic, Spanish
- Certification in psychometric tools, preferably tests from Cut-e, is an asset
To be successful in this role, you need to be service-minded with strong multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity. You have a positive attitude with an understanding that priorities might change and flexibility is key to deliver in a dynamic work situation. You are interested in the humanitarian sector and want to contribute to the work of the organisation. A good sense of humour would be an asset!
Terms of Employment
- Duty station: Nairobi, Kenya
- Contract type: National Contract – This position is open to Kenyan Nationals Only
- Position on grade 8 or 9 depending on the candidate’s experience
- Contract length: 1 year renewable – based on funding and performance
- Working schedule: You will be expected to work Sunday through Thursday. This is a mandatory requirement for this role
- Start date: As soon as possible
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
To apply as an internal candidate, remember to click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site”!