Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
International IT Operations Manager, Information Technology
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is currently recruiting for an International Information Technology (IT) Operations Manager who will manage and develop a team of Regional Support Advisors based in country offices around the world who provide reliable, high quality end-user support of technology services and solutions to PATH’s international offices. The International IT Operations Manager reports to the Director, Global Infrastructure and balances the enterprise approach of HQ IT with the on-the-ground realities of the country offices to deliver quality IT services.
This position coordinates with engineering to ensure that technology solutions are well designed for the country offices, that the user-technology experience in country is positive, and that the configurations of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) solutions in country meet PATH standards. This position directly manages a regionally dispersed team of three Regional Systems Administrators (RSAs) and a variable number of program and country IT contractors and staff in Europe, Africa, and Asia.
As a member of the IT Leadership Team, the International IT Operations Manager will work with the global team based in Seattle to ensure that the IT needs of staff in each country office is met. The team will work to further improve and apply the IT and local area network (LAN) standards applied in each country office and manage the global wide-area network (WAN) for best performance.
PATH maintains IT-enabled offices in approximately 40 locations worldwide. PATH’s Information Technology (IT) department oversees all technology-related services for the organization globally. The department is responsible for all software application services, network infrastructure, computer support, IT vendor management, and program and project management for PATH’s IT initiatives.
- Assure high quality delivery and operation of all end-to-end IT services, necessary to run the operations and support users according to system and network standards, and within established service levels in Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- Coordinate closely with Network and Systems Engineering to ensure global system and network standards are applied consistently and uniformly, and that network utilization is in compliance with PATH policies.
- Using PATH policies and standards, ensure the logical and physical security of infrastructure systems in PATH’s field offices.
- Maintain effective dialogue with PATH’s International Operations team and local project leaders and staff regarding upcoming projects, technical and team performance, and resolution of localized technology issues taken on by the team.
- Manage and grow a team of RSAs with a focus on career development and learning.
- Day to day management and technical guidance of RSAs in Dakar, Lusaka, and Hanoi. Provide oversight and technical guidance for project IT staff in PATH country offices.
- Coordinate with IT leadership on design of next-generation PATH country office infrastructure architecture, based on available, emerging, and supportable technologies (public and private) in these regions.
- Coordinate with IT Leadership to ensure appropriate content and level of communication for IT activities, releases, and issues in PATH’s country offices.
- Coordinate with the Service Desk Manager to ensure adequate regional support for tier 1 incident and problem management.
- Coordinate with Software Development and Portfolio Management to provide input for the simplification of business technology landscape in PATH’s country offices.
- Participate in policy and procedure creation, development of training materials, and conduct training on IT topics in country offices.
- Oversee vendor management with regional internet service provider (ISPs) and other IT vendors to ensure delivery standards and cost controls as well as advise the RSA team in administration of local vendors.
- Review and advise the RSA and HQ technology team on governmental regulations and policies in each country of operation as it impacts technology infrastructure and PATH operations in these regions.
- Ensure team expenditures are within budgeted limits. Provide oversight for small-dollar expenses in country.
- Manage the deployment of IT systems to new country offices, and relocation when they move, according to PATH standards.
- Project manage the roll out of new IT initiatives to country offices.
- Monitor and regularly report on use of WAN and internet connections, and apply change control to WAN configuration.
- Proven ability to guide and train non-technical individuals with regard to technical concepts.
- Ability to participate in real time meetings or technical discussions with PATH staff in the United States.
- Proven ability to work with team members from other cultures, exhibiting cultural sensitivity and awareness, and able to communicate across sociological and cultural boundaries.
- Ability to travel when it is safe to do so.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience supporting IT use in a global organization.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Information Technology, Information Systems, computer science, software engineering or similar.
- Experience in the design, roll out and support of network topologies.
- Exceptional relationship building skills, ability to work and gain trust at all levels of an organization with a focus on excellent communications and follow up.
- Experience supporting cloud and remote based services such as Office 365, ERP, Salesforce, Azure, and AWS.
- Proven experience project managing IT projects, including the management of IT logistics.
- Proven experience implementing and running IT service management functions and ITIL based service management and change control.
- Proven customer interface skills, excellent written and spoken conversation and ability to communicate at a level appropriate for the audience along with strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience negotiating and managing relationships with ISPs and software/application providers.
- Experience managing Cisco Meraki MX, MS and MR devices across multiple sites.
- Experience administering Windows Server 2016+ RODCs, Active Directory.
- Knowledge of Firewall and Traffic Shaping configuration and WAN monitoring and trending.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya or India.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.