Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Mechanization Tea Harvesting (MTH) Maintenance Supervisor
Purpose of Role
The role is responsible and accountable for proper professional maintenance of the MTH machines and other powered field technology equipment for grass cutting, pruning, weeding and digging of holes and others as and when they are introduced in the field.
- To develop a service schedule, plan the AM/PM of all MTH machines and other field technology equipment in the company ensuring full adherence to outlined guidelines as per manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Identify skills gaps of the Estate Mechanics and work with Field Technology Officer with the support of HR to develop a skills plan on annualbasis for continuous skills improvement.
- To carry out required repairs to all MTH machines for use in the field and closely monitor availability of spares required for continuous operation and availability of MTH machines.
- Oversee the maintenance teams in all units and ensure that standard procedures and instructions for repairs are implemented.
- Ascertain proper repairs, necessary testing and adjustments to control quality of repair work to accomplishment.
- Carry out fabrication of gliders, frameworks and any other parts as may be required for operational or safety purposes for fitting to MTH and other field technology machines.
- Assembly and testing of newly acquired MTH and other field technology machines.
- Visiting of MTH estate workshopsat the units to check adherence to maintenance, proper use and safety. Advise on proper operation and maintenance to all units.
- Participate in new designs for modifications and accurately maintain all project details drawings / designs and specification for regularly updating and quality assurance.
Qualifications and Key Skills
- Diploma in mechanical engineering or related field from a recognized institution
- 3 Years’ relevant experience.
- Planning Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Project Management
- People Management
- IT Skills
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.