Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
At Educate!, we are redefining the concept of post-primary education. Today, we operate in Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya designing and delivering solutions that equip young people with the skills to attain further education, overcome gender inequities, start businesses, get jobs, and drive development in their communities.
We’re looking for a motivated and adaptive professional to join the growing Talent Team. As a Project Associate, you will work collaboratively with various stakeholders, playing a critical role in ensuring we attract, hire and retain the best employees, while growing a strong talent pipeline. This position will be based in any of our East Africa offices, and is open to nationals of these countries.
You are the right fit for this role if you:
- Are a master coordinator with demonstrable experience managing projects with many stakeholders and tasks of differing priorities and are able to juggle it all and keep everyone on the same page
- Are self- driven and a creative problem solver who is comfortable working on tasks that are not clearly defined
- Are comfortable working with people with different personalities and from different backgrounds
- Are interested in growing a career within Recruitment and Talent
Educate prepares youth in Africa with the skills to succeed in today’s economy. We are a non-profit social enterprise with 150 staff and 300 volunteer youth mentors.
We tackle youth unemployment by partnering with schools and governments to reform what schools teach and how they teach it so that students in Africa have the skills to attain further education, overcome gender inequities, start businesses, get jobs and drive development in their communities. Our model is delivered through practically-trained teachers and youth mentors. Educate!’s goal is to make this practical, skills-based model part of national education systems.
In 2019, we partnered with the government to pilot in 60+ schools in Kenya, worked in 275+ secondary schools in Rwanda, and 800+ schools in Uganda (25% of the country), reaching over 46,000 students intensively and 470,000 more broadly. Two rigorous external evaluations, including a randomized controlled trial, found that towards the end of secondary school, our program participants earn nearly DOUBLE the income of their peers. A follow-up RCT found that four years later, our graduates demonstrate large and durable shifts in skills, coupled with significant improvements in education and gender equity-related outcomes. Girls achieve even greater results. Our graduates change their lives and their communities who leveraged both his medical education and the transferable and business skills gained through Educate! to open a rural health clinic in his community employing two people and conducting about 350 checkups per month.
Educate!’s long-term vision is to design solutions that measurably impact millions of youth across Africa each year.
- Implement creative recruiting strategies to reach prospective applicants.
- Implement key recruiting processes for high-level global and new country hires
- Liaising and maintaining relationships with recruitment channel partners including developing partnership agreements and monitoring performance of these channels.
- Ensure a positive candidate experience for all applicants by responding to enquiries from prospective applicants timely and professionally.
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Build and follow robust screening and interview techniques to give memorable interview experience to the candidates.
Build Candidate Pipeline
- Build networks for best-in-class talent sourcing and internal pipelines for several key functions.
- Implement new strategies to further develop the Educate! Brand to prospective applicants.
Implement new technologies
- Support in the implementation and management of recruiting systems
- Influence hiring managers so they adhere to recruiting processes 98% of the time
- Leverage data to develop insights
Country-Specific Recruiting Team Support
- Support our in-country teams in Rwanda, Kenya and Uganda with recruiting needs as they arise.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Attention to detail, organizational and prioritization skills
- Skills in database management and record keeping
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and handle a high volume of requests in an effective and timely manner
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and email/internet
- Exceptional judgment in maintaining confidentiality of employee and candidate information
- Background in HR Preferred
- Compensation will be competitive for the social enterprise sector and commensurate with experience.
Why You Will Brag About Working At Educate!
- Educate! is designed for scale. We quadrupled operations in 2014, going from 54 to more than 200 schools served. We carefully measure our outcomes, and — here’s the best part — we are maintaining quality at four times the size.
- We believe in local leadership — 96% of our staff is African.
- Our model has gone nationwide in Uganda — Educate!’s model is now incorporated into the national curriculum and exams, impacting many thousands more students than we can reach directly.
- Educate is a well-oiled learning machine. We built our model by methodically testing hundreds of assumptions and we are constantly experimenting, evaluating, and improving.
- We’re honored that luminaries and leaders like Oliver Wonekha, the Ugandan Ambassador to the US, and Ann Veneman, a former Secretary of Agriculture and head of Unicef, believe in us enough to have joined our advisory board.
What Is Educate! About?
We’re ambitious. Are you? Educate! is growing fast, so new opportunities are opening up and expanding all the time. We’re inspired by people with drive, and we love to help them reach their full potential. We expect everyone at Educate! to contribute above and beyond their job description, grow their skills, and advance their careers, and we are committed to supporting our staff members on that journey.
- We Put Youth First – The youth we serve come first. Always. In everything. That means we wake up thinking of ways we can serve youth even better and get the highest impact out of every dollar that we spend. It means Educate! doesn’t own a single vehicle, because we’d rather take the bus if it means one more student can participate. It means making every decision like the future depends on it — because if we get our way, it does.
- We Are Always Learning – When you work at Educate!, educating yourself is part of your job too. We encourage every employee to find the best book on management; share the latest article on graphic design; bring in your favorite college mentor; or meet the researcher pushing the edge of the field. We are always thirsty for knowledge and love to share.
- We Only Solve a Problem Once – We are allergic to band-aids so we love the person who brings the new system to solve the problem for good, even problems we haven’t recognized yet.
- We Are Flexible – We thrive on change — we’re driving it. We are growing every day, so we have to adapt quickly to meet new challenges, and our team keeps up.
- We Exceed Expectations – We assume we can achieve the impossible because we already have, year after year. We want our staff to create your own challenges, ask the toughest questions, and dream scary big!