Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Assistant Manager – Marine Operations: Southern & Western Region
DEPARTMENT: Customs & Border Control
DIVISION: SECTION/UNIT: Border Control & Enforcement
LOCATION: Southern & Western Region
- This role is responsible for strategies, maintenance and operation plans for Marine enforcement in the Southern Region.
Managerial /Supervisory responsibilities
- Effectively implement and monitor marine BCE policy guidelines at the Southern Region
- Oversee implementation of Southern Regions enforcement activities for performance management and as may be guided from HQ
- Identify, develop and submit risks, work plans, processes and procedures to guide headquarters
- Establish and maintain liaison and working relationships with government agencies, departments and other stakeholders for effectiveness of BCE at regional level
- Identify regional marine unit needs in terms of human resources, tools, capital, systems etc and making recommendation on the same
- Compile routine regional marine enforcement reports on enforcement for southern region to advise senior management.
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the unit
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the unit
Decision making /Job influence
- Makes managerial and operational decisions.
- Assigns work to Direct reports
- Monitors and evaluates work performance of direct reports
- Works within the office and in the field
Job Competencies (Knowledge , experience and attributes/skills)
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized institution.
Professional qualification/membership to professional bodies :
- Post Graduate Diploma/Certificate in Customs Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in similar role
Functional skills/Behavioral competencies /attributes
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Dealing with operational risk
- Customs Business Understanding
- Customs Legislation and Regulation
- Good knowledge of Customs Legislation, Regulation and Procedures
- Good awareness of operating environment
- Results driven and analytical
- Problem solving
- Analytical thinking
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
- Risk management and analysis
- Mentoring and coaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Taxation of New Emerging Businesses and Digital Economy
- Understanding of taxpayer compliance
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 5.00 pm on 23rd July 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)