Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Supervisor – Marine Engineer
Department: Customs & Border Control
Division: Border Control & Enforcement
Section / Unit: Marine Operations
Location / Work Station: Usenge
- This role is responsible for supervision and support of marine operations and serviceability of patrol crafts and standby generators in the assigned regional station(s).
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervise certification of contracted works in the unit to ensure they meet the Authority’s standards.
- Prepare planned maintenance work plan for the unit and ensure adherence by respective patrol teams/station
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Provide technical support for marine operations to achieve enforcement mandate of the unit.
- Prepare monthly maintenance and equipment status reports for patrol boats and standby generators to facilitate decision making.
- Keep required records and documents as per expected standards.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports for management decision making.
- Prepare incident reports to facilitate appropriate intervention.
- Prepare bill of quantities for repair works for patrol boats and standby generators.
- Facilitate development of annual maintenance contracts for patrol boats
- Prepare specs for dry docking of the boats
- Fueling of the boats
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Patrol Boat
- Dinghy for shallow water patrols
- Outboard engines
- Radio calls for communication
Decision Making / Job Influence
Job entails but not limited to strategic, managerial and operational decisions
The work environment encompasses both office(indoor) and field (sea) duties
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A bachelor’s degree in Marine, Mechanical, Plant, Agricultural, Electrical, Automotive or related engineering field from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Post Graduate Diploma/Certificate in Customs Administration or equivalent
- Diploma in nautical knowledge
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in similar role
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- People management skills
- Risk management and analysis
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Tax enforcement and Legislation
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 5.00 pm on 23rd July 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)