Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Support 1 – Marine Operations (Deck-Hand)
Department: Customs & Border Control
Division: Border Control & Enforcement
Section / Unit: Marine Operations
Location / Work Station: Muhuru Bay
- This role is responsible for carrying out maritime security duties in accordance with the stipulated border control standards and procedures.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- General cleaning and maintenance of deck, superstructure and hull of the boat
- Carry out serviceability checks on mooring ropes, anchors and other equipment
- Participate in vessel boarding, search and seizure (VBSS)
- Carry out swimmer-of-the watch duties
- Carry out watch and surveillance on board
- Navigational watch-keeping on marine craft
- Respond to all on board emergencies
- Inspect on-board equipment; proper and timely documentation of the vessel’s defects
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Radio calls for communication
Decision Making / Job Influence
- Job entails but not limited to strategic planning and operational decisions
- The work environment encompasses both office(indoor) and field (outdoor) duties
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) /O-Level Certificate
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Postgraduate Diploma/Certificate in Customs Administration/ Nautical Studies/Marine
- Engineering/Mandatory Marine Training STCW(95)/ Able Seaman Certificate A.B
- Efficient Deck Hand Certificate.
- Previous relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of 1 year’s work experience in similar role
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Adaptability to change
- Time management and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in teams
- Customs Legislation and Regulation
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 5.00 pm on 23rd July 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)