Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To ensure effective and efficient management of the Legal department, provision of legal advisory services, and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks.
- Company:APA Insurance
- Location: Head Office – Nairobi
- Employment Type:Permanent
- Job Id:Wrisq7xqxv
KEY PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the following records: –
- Recovery register for motor, non-motor, and medical claims
- Discharge vouchers register
- Incoming cheques register both from advocates and in house settlements
- Ensure that all matters that are recoverable are not time-barred.
- Registration and pursuit of all third-party recoveries with insurance companies, advocates, and any other debtors owing to the company.
- Maintain and update proper records of the company’s recoveries and expected recoveries from other Insurance Companies for motor, non-motor, and medical claims.
- Ensure that initial demand has been sent out on all recovery matters and that all recovery files are up to date.
- Issuing hearing Notices to the various witnesses
- Reply to all third party demand letters and process the genuine claims
- Negotiating all Recovery claims with third-party Advocates where suits have been filed or demand letters received.
- Quantify and document the company’s recovery claims paid to the third parties and other insurance companies within a reasonable time.
- Promptly deal with third-party claims that fall under Knock for Knock for purposes of cost-cutting on the claim.
- Appoint tracers to investigate legal/beneficial ownership of third-party vehicles, economic status, and physical addresses for purposes of pursuing recovery through court.
- Liaising with external advocates & service providers with regard to attendance and production of evidence in court.
- Meet the set recovery target each month and deal with general correspondence on recovery matters.
- Drafting legal opinions on settlement proposals on matters in court, swapping and knock for knock.
- Process claim payment to the third party claimants and the advocates
- Attend court to produce claim documents when required and pursue witness statements from the insured and all other relevant witnesses.
- Providing reports on recoveries to the Legal Manager.
- Work in the claims department on other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Law
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Good questioning, negotiating and influencing & communication skills ® Have own initiative and use the corporate claims philosophy effectively
- Have the experience to know when it’s best to deal with a matter on a compromise basis or when a defense is more likely to be successful
- Ability to make decisions quickly and confidently.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (Ms. Excel, Word, Power-point, Outlook)
- In-depth knowledge of internal systems (Turn-quest)
- Team player with high customer awareness skills
Any professional qualification will be an added advantage
At least 1 – year relevant experience in the Insurance industry.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org