Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Do you want to contribute to getting millions of people all over the world access to healthcare? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, international environment where you can truly make a difference? Join our highly skilled team of 190 colleagues at CarePay and have impact from day one!
CarePay is looking to hire cloud engineers, at medior and senior level, for our Amsterdam and Nairobi teams.
CarePay is a fast-growing fintech / healthtech company with offices in Kenya, Nigeria and the Netherlands. Our corporate mission is to “Give Everyone the Power to Care” through a digital payment and data platform that transparently connects people, healthcare providers, and healthcare payers. Through our platform we already connect over 4.5 million people with more than 2000 healthcare providers and financing from various insurances, employers and donors. In 2017, CarePay won the FT/IFC Transformational Business Award and in 2018 CarePay was recognized as a Technology Pioneer 2018 by the World Economic Forum, putting it in the same league as previous winners of the same award such as Google, Facebook and Airbnb. In 2019 Carepay secured substantial financial funding to support and fuel our growth and to realize our vision.
Main purpose of the job
As a cloud engineer you are part of the technical platform team creating, maintaining and developing our infrastructure for running our business and supporting our engineering. As a team you own your backlog and take pride in achieving results. Your main task to is to deliver quality solutions for our end users and at the same time keep the platform fit for the future. You guide and coach other team members. Our main technologies are Java, AWS, SQL, Kubernetes, DataDog, Terraform, Angular, and Android. You will be working with a diverse and driven team that prioritizes impact over cutting-edge methods. Yet at the same you and your continuously probe and explore new opportunities and technologies.
• MSc in software engineering or related
• At least 3 years plus relevant cloud engineering experience
• Experienced in AWS, Containers, Kubernetes and build pipelines
• Experience with Github or Bitbucket
• Interest in global development and healthcare
• English speaking
• Have a cloud native mindset
• Experience with DevOps, GitOps, and Infrastructure as Code (TerraForm)
• Ability to design and build CI\CD process
• Experience with at least one scripting language (bash/python/golang/JS)
• Ability to identify risks and propose solutions for their mitigation (following GDPR)
• Experience with developing solutions as part of a team
• Experience working in a highly competitive, international business environment
What we offer
• The opportunity to work on projects with high social impact with a fun and motivated team
• Startup culture with an international team (>50% in Kenya), flat hierarchies, and Friday beers
• Based in Amsterdam or Nairobi with travel opportunities
• Your choice of equipment and tools
• Competitive salary and flexible hours