Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MSF is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. We are a non-profit, self-governed, member-based organisation. MSF was founded in 1971 in Paris by a group of journalists and doctors. Today, we are a worldwide movement of more than 67,000 people.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. The ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (OCA) is a partnership that is composed of the partners MSF-Canada, MSF-Germany, MSF-SARA, MSF-Sweden, MSF-Holland and MSF-United Kingdom. MSF-OCA operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries with more than 11,000 staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 400 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations. Around 50 staff focus on recruitment, communication and fundraising in The Netherlands (MSF-Holland) and 350 staff are focused on supporting MSF-OCA operations.
At Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Artsen zonder Grenzen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
We are looking for the right candidate to join our team as soon as possible as a:
Learning Solutions Manager (100%)
Based in Amsterdam. Open to flexible location and remote working possible (in countries with MSF presence)
The OCA Learning and Development Department
We are currently spearheading a series of Change Management activities, which will reform the L&D landscape of our organization. We are moving from former modalities of learning deliveries to a new era of products, solutions, and services.
We are aiming high, towards the creation of a Learning and Development ecosystem to address our key priorities as documented in our Staff Vision and Strategic Plan.
In order to accommodate these changes the MSF-OCA Learning and Development Department itself is currently undergoing a transformational process to build an effective, efficient and sustainable model on how to support our organization’s needs but most importantly our Social Mission through the actions of our Staff members.
We are building an agile operational model integrating design thinking in a focused “customer-centric” approach that will lead us to the future.
Last but not least we are in the process of re-structuring our team to support our new operating model.
Position within the organisation
This is a headquarters managerial role within our department with increased responsibilities and the opportunity to contribute and own the activities agenda. You will be leading the Learning Solutions team, a group of seasoned professionals, comprising L&D advisors, Learning Solutions Specialists, and L&D officers, with operations and projects revolving the identification, development, support and evaluation of our portfolio of learning solutions offered to all our Staff.
The Learning Solutions Manager (internally called Coordinator Learning Solutions) will report directly to the Head of Learning & Development.
Objectives of the position
As the manager of the Learning Solutions team, you will develop and deliver the Learning Solutions Strategy, and ensure a high level of integration between Learning Solutions and the other areas of expertise within the L&D team, e.g. L&D Field and Employee Development.
You will lead, manage and develop the Learning Solutions team and be responsible for the design, development, establishment, and management of our new Stakeholder-focused Operating Model including novel solutions such as the extension of L&D Flex-pool.
In addition, you will be an actor, enabler and ambassador of our departmental transformation, a key contributor to our broader strategic vision and activities and a competent communicator.
Does your heart beat going faster from continuously learning? Are you a person who is eager to build your team and led them grow on developing and implementing our Learning Solutions strategy? Do you see yourself in the job description below? Then we would like to see your CV and cover letter!
Stakeholders Management and General Responsibilities
- You will support our Head of L&D in Strategic Projects, assist in development and implementation of the L&D Strategy linked to Learning Solutions (blended education, learning experience, learning analytics etc.)
- You will collaborate closely with the Manager L&D Field and other L&D colleagues to ensure coherence and integration of any new developments;
- You will cover for the Head of L&D in the event of absence in the area of expertise (Learning Solutions and Team Management)
- You will establish, maintain and promote a community of L&D practise for designing and developing Learning Solutions and maintain an extended network with peers/colleagues of other NGOs/Organizations/Companies
- You are the expert of Learning Solutions and budget owner for any Learning Solutions initiatives
- You will lead, manage and develop the Learning Solutions team and set up development plans, responsible for coaching and training of your team
- You will focus on the performance management tasks of your team by defining KPI’s and following up on a regular basis
- You lead in workforce planning, workload management, leave/sick days and conflict resolutions
- You are responsible for the oversight and full management of the flex-pool (planning, evaluations, etc.)
Learning Solutions Technical Expertise
- You will stablish and own a Learning Analytics framework. Key stakeholder in learning analytics and responsible to integrate its elements to both the L&D Strategy and stakeholder’s strategy
- You will develop, monitor and report on KPIs for learning, and use them to adapt MSF’s Learning strategy accordingly
- You will develop and establish a governance model regarding Content Development
- You will be a key strategic stakeholder for Learning consulting activities and initiatives
- You will manage the tools and processes supporting Learning Solutions and train others in their effective use.
- You will manage and support Content Development Platform Management
Main characteristics and requirements:
You have experience with process optimization to improve, simplify and accelerate work both within the team and in cooperation with departments/stakeholders. You have a proven track record of learning strategic achievements (blended education, learning experience, learning analytics). You build successful relationships with stakeholders. You are familiar with working with remote teams, and are culturally competent in working with different nationalities and cultures. You have extended experience with project management in supporting L&D advisors and overseeing all projects of your team members
- At least 8 years’ experience within L&D as a senior professional
- At least 4 years of Team Management responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills, oral as well as written in English
- Experience with coaching, mentoring a team is a plus
- Experience with change management is a plus
A challenging position within a stimulating, professional working environment in a major international organisation. A challenging experience within a NGO.
Members of the Learning & Development department are based in several geographical locations, such as Canada, Germany, Kenya, Netherlands, Spain, and UK. This position requires a location having an overlap with European timezone (CET). Periodic presence in Amsterdam office is desirable.
In case your location is Amsterdam we offer you a Dutch employment contract , based on 40 hours per week. A gross monthly salary in scale 7 between € 3.397,- and € 4.851,- depending on professional experience, based on a 40-hour working week.
The contract is for one year (subject to satisfactory performance) based on a fulltime appointment.
Attractive secondary benefits (e.g. premium free pension, 30 holidays).
In case your location is other than Amsterdam, but based in a country with OCA or MSF office presence we offer you a local employment contract, based on 40 hours per week.
Information and Application
MSF-Holland is an organisation committed to promoting inclusion and diversity. We strongly encourage Black, Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQIA2S+ people, and individuals living with disabilities to apply.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and meet the requirements, we welcome you to apply directly via the Apply button on his page and upload a letter of motivation + Curriculum Vitae (in English) as one combined document (only applications with motivation will be included in the process).
The closing date for applications is 28 of July 2021. The interviews will take place in August
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information about the recruitment procedure, please contact: Daphne Gorgels (Recruitment Consultant)
An assessment can be a part of our recruitment process
Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.