Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES – SWITZERLAND Kenya Mission
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need based in Dagahaley and Likoni, Mombasa Sub County.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Logistics Manager.
Supervise water treatment, hygiene and sanitation activities in the project/s, monitor tools and materials used in the treatment and water supply according to MSF protocols, in order to improve health conditions of the targeted population
Control water supply and treatment, and sanitation according to the protocols of MSF, specifically:
- Ensure instructions for water treatment are applied.
- Follow-up and organization of water supply and consumption.
- Ensure supply materials are well installed and maintained in good conditions.
Track sanitation and hygiene activities, infrastructures:
- Installation of drainage systems according to the nature of wastewater.
- Perform waste water treatment.
- Perform maintenance on drainage and water treatment systems (septic tanks …).
Conduct planning and organizing the collection and disposal, in particular:
- Ensure implementation of protocols for treatment and disposal.
- Provide the right clothes for waste treatment to the watsan team.
- Train the team on waste management.
- Check that waste collection is carried out correctly.
Perform the physical organization of materials and tools used in water treatment, hygiene and sanitation, in particular:
- Inventory of stocks
- Receiving and processing orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material
- Check that the amounts received are recorded
- Check monthly consumptions
Set up and implement anti-vector measures.
Manage the WASH team in terms of:
- Participate in staff selection
- Participate in staff training
- Ensure the daily work is done correctly
Some specific tasks
- Ensure waste buckets are available in all wards
- Ensure waste segregation is done the ward level
- Make sure waste buckets collected from the wards and waste disposed according the MSF protocal
- Briefing of new medical staff in the project
- Inform the medical team leader when problem of waste segregation in noted
- Fill in the order book and check it for outstanding work (maintenance, repairs, etc.).
- Keep all documents related to installations/equipment/infrastructures in order and update them regularly at compound,hospital and HP compounds.
- In charge onf the project water quality, by ensuring free residual chlorine, PH and turbidity tests are done on weekly basis
- Prepare accurate work reports (record sheets, problems, measures taken, etc.).
- Follow up and watsan malfunctions/repairs.
- Contribute to the preparation of maintenance procedures and plans.
- Supervise and train watsan assistants and any casual workers employed to help.
- Support external consultants in their activities.
- Coordinate and lead the monthly hygiene committee meetings
- Plan leaves, prepare the JD, conduct evaluations and objectives settings of WHS staff
- Technical diploma, desirable specialization in water and sanitation
- Previous experience with MSF in relevant (WASH) section
- Mission language essential (English) and local language is desireable
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 21 st July 2021
MSF will not consider applications of persons aged 58 years and above and will require medical certificate to ascertain candidates do not have an underlying medical condition to avoid exposure to risk.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)