Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning. Oxfam works in 67 countries around the world.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness.
The Project Manager Impact SME Development will be a core member of the Gender Justice and Women’s Rights team under the Women Economic Empowerment and Rights pillar.
The Project Manager Impact SME Development is responsible for managing and overseeing the implementation of Oxfam’s Small and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) Development project in Kenya. This project is funded by Oxfam Novib (Netherlands) / OvO fund (donations from Dutch SMEs that are part of the entrepreneurs’ network of Oxfam Novib) and Dutch Postcode Lottery (NPL). The project will begin in June 2021 and Oxfam will implement the project with Open Capital investments and other local partners. The core of the project is to provide Business Development Services (BDS) to small businesses in Kenya, with the aim to help them grow, access finance, and increase their (social) impact. The project targets impact-driven SMEs, those that aim to provide social or environmental impact (e.g. jobs, income, or products for low income groups, with a focus on women and youth) through their core business.
What we are looking for:
- A degree in Social sciences, Financial and Project Management or business-related field. An MBA in business studies will be preferable.
- 5 – 7 years experience in designing, managing, and delivering on the business development, in a non-governmental (national or international) or similar institutional setting.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing SME sector and initiatives, stakeholder engagements, with understanding of relevant County, National and regional issues.
- A strong understanding of gender, women’s rights, development issues and the political and
economic context in Kenya.
- Great Partnership building skills including facilitation and networking skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing partners including effective oversight and capacity building as well as mobilizing and organizing marginalized communities and groups to influence positive change to their lives.
- Commitment to and good knowledge of working with networks, coalitions, private sector and a partnership approach across the spectrum of Oxfam’s work, including innovative approaches to capacity strengthening.
- Strong organisational and personal management skills, with ability to prioritise work issues to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through.
- Strong programme management and quality knowledge, with ability to ensure consistent
quality against standards and to implement effective monitoring and evaluation systems to
assess and adjust performance.
- Fund raising, donor reporting and budget management skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task between direct programme implementation and partners’ management with positive outcomes.
- Proven ability to analyse complex contexts, monitor change and translate this analysis into problem solving strategies that can be communicated in developing appropriate plans which have impact.
- Proven analytical and conceptual thinking.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Kenya Country Programme, to act as key contributor to Oxfam Kenya Strategic Plan within the ever changing context and to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.