Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Protection International (PI)
Protection International (PI) is an international not-for-profit organisation registered in Belgium with regional offices in Africa and Mesoamerica, and presences in Thailand, Indonesia, Kenya, DR Congo, Colombia, Guatemala, Honduras and Belgium. PI stands for the right to defend rights and for freedom from attacks to those who defend them. PI tailors its approach to each context and profile of defenders we support. Protection International Africa (PIA) Hub is the regional hub for Africa developed under the PI global strategy that proposes a decentralisation approach towards responding to the needs of HRDs. PIA is based in Nairobi and currently serves established offices and a presence in DR Congo, Kenya and Tanzania, respectively.
General objective of the position
Contribute to PI’s overall effort to mainstream human resources management practices within PI Africa (PIA). The key purpose and function of this role will be to implement HR procedures in Africa Hub (both Kenya, DR Congo andTanzania) aligned with PI GT standards while, whenever needed, adapting them to the country offices Labour regulations. The post holder will also serve as a resource person for our teams in the field that may require support in the area of human resources management, contributing to ensure consistency in PI work culture/standards in PI offices in Africa.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide advice to Africa management and Hub Director on human resources matters based on countries’ labour regulations.
- Provide general support in the area of human resources management for our teams in the hub, contributing to ensure consistency in PI work culture/standards in PI offices in Africa, based on GT standards, and in close collaboration with the HR Adviser in the GT
- Ensure implementation and compliance with PI Policies, particularly in relation to Internal Rules and Regulations for each Country Office, Code of Conduct and Ethics, Anti-Corruption Policy, Security Policy and Policy for Protection from Harassment, Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination
- Ensure correct implantation and compliance with all PI HR SOPs and templates (from recruitment to exit)
- Conduct recruitment processes for Africa Hub (Kenya, DR Congo and Tanzania)
- Promote staff training initiatives and dedication to staff development in close collaboration with PRTU and the HR Adviser
- Assist PI managers to properly define the tasks of different job holders and when necessary re- orient and revise job descriptions
- Provide advice on workload management monitoring the psychosocial risks associated with PIA’s work, and designing plans to recover people suffering from fatigue and to prevent burn out
- Organize team building activities for Africa Hub (Kenya, DR Congo and Tanzania)
- Support the regional director to conduct staff appraisals and maintain staff files
- Conduct relevant research and report on emerging employment, compensation and benefits trends in the region and particularly in the Countries with an established presence (Kenya, DR Congo and Tanzania)
- Support the staff of the different PIA country offices and advice the regional director on best HR practices; and to maintain a conducive working environment for optimum utilisation of staff talents and strengths
- When required, provide support to Management in the preparation of a variety of reports, including for donors and Board of Directors
- Provide support on HR related administration as necessary
- Relevant university degree in Social Sciences, BCom or Law
- Required Masters’ Degree in Human Resources Management
- Minimum 10 years of experience in HR Management roles
- Experience in international settings dealing with several countries’ Labour Laws
- Preferred previous experience in INGO sector
- Preferred previous experience in salary benchmarking analysis
Skills and knowledge
- Employee relations management
- Support and training to managers in the management of teams
- Highly organised/time management
- Advanced skills in computer productivity applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Enthusiastic, self-starter who is able to work autonomously, under pressure, in decentralized teams, and think outside the box.
- Demonstrated capacity to orally communicate clearly and effectively to a wide range of – expert and non-expert audiences
- Required fluently English and French (both spoken and written)
If you meet the above skills requirements and are interested in applying for this position, please:
- Send your CV and cover letter, in English, by 30th July 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning Regional HR Officer in the subject line.
- Include your name in the file name of your application documents, e.g. Maria_Smith_CV.doc.
- Submit names and contact details of three references together with your application. Do not attach any certificates or references at this stage of the recruitment process.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain posted until a qualified candidate is selected. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Further information about Protection International is available on www.protectioninternational.org.
Protection International is an equal opportunity employer. The organization shall not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in advertisements for employment, recruitment and other conditions of employment, preventing discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Adhering to Protection International means to comply with our Code of Conduct and Ethics, Anti-Corruption Policy, Security Policy, Policy for Protection from Harassment, Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination.
Within Protection International female applications are very encouraged.
Candidates’ applications whose profile do not match this vacancy’s criteria but matching criteria for other current or future vacancies will be kept in PI CV database and redirect accordingly.