Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
FARM ATTENDANT GRADE 3 KyU/NT/079/07/2021
Duties and Responsibilities
a) Carry out weeding, land preparation, attending to nurseries and transplanting in the tea farm to prevent nutrient competition of the desired crop and weeds hence less use of inputs.
b) Carry out proper tea pruning to ensure maximum production of yields and maintain required canopy to avoid build–up of pests and diseases
c) Apply fertilizers and agrochemicals on the required portions of the tea farm to meet the plant nutrient requirement.
d) Prepare land through tillage to ensure timely replanting of dry tea bushes
e) Undertake crop husbandry through attending to nurseries, planting, weeding, trimming of foot paths, application of fertilizers and spraying of crops to ensure that crops thrive for optimal crop growth and high yields.
f) Tea leaf collection and weighing duties at the tea buying centre.
- Have KCSE certificate D plain and above.
- Must possess Certificate in Agriculture or equivalent course undertaken for at least six (6) months.
- Be medically fit, able to work in upper tea zone.
- Experience in Tea husbandry practices of not less than 3 years.
- Able to work for long hours with minimum supervision.
Terms and conditions of service
• Successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
• Employment will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms except for Tutorial Fellows.
• Those with degrees from foreign universities should attach certificates of equation and recognition of qualifications from Kenya National Qualifications Authority.
• Applicants must meet requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenya Constitution, 2010
Mode of application
Applicants must submit five (5) copies of applications giving details of the educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and areas of specialization, accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and a copy of most recent letter of appointment.
Interested applicants should send the applications to the undersigned, quoting the reference number for the job applied for so as to be received on or before 9th August, 2021.
THE VICE CHANCELLOR
P. O. BOX 143-10300
Kirinyaga University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of either gender, persons with disabilities and persons from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
KyU is ISO 9001:2015 certified
Kirinyaga University is Zero Tolerant to Corruption.