Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya Djibouti Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners.
Lutheran World Federation World Service Kenya – Somalia Program is seeking to recruit Kenyan national for the following position to be based in Kakuma.
Position: Finance Assistant
He/ she is responsible for ensuring that the documentations for all the transactions are complete and accurate, reconciles these records to book entries and ensures that balance sheet items are reconciled from time to time.
The incumbent will report directly to Finance Officer or his/her designate.
Duties and responsibilities
- Payment of Refugee Staff on a monthly basis and casual wages.
- Maintain the bank book (daily basis) on ACCPAC compatible spread sheet and mark “Posted” after update.
- Reconciliations of balance sheet. (Debtors, creditors and others as decided by team).
- Proper filling of Bank vouchers / mark “Paid” (after payment). Stick clear identification label on each folder.
- Proper filling of Journal vouchers. Stick clear identification label on each folder.
- Disbursement of cash payments ensuring all relevant supporting attached, calculation correct.
- Cash withdrawals from the bank.
- Tracking of multi installments cash payments.
- Take back up every day of Excel cash, bank book & JV before close down computer and store out of premise.
- Initiate to maintain professional look of finance room and filing system. Priorities always to maintain finance room tidy.
- Under take any other tasks delegated by Finance Officer.
Academic and professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline, with major in Accounts or related field from a recognized University.
- Must have completed at least CPA part 2
- At least four (4) years relevant experience in a busy environment
- Demonstrated experience in use of computerized accounting systems
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suites
- Good team player – work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to communicate and maintain highly professionalism
- Strong administrative skills, Problem solving, conflict resolution skills & ability to maintain confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Good reporting writing skills
- Able to work independently; self-motivated & Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to promote the values of equality, non-discrimination, and human rights for all
- Attention to detail and the ability to work logically, consistently and accurately
- Excellent numeracy skills combined with an inquiring, analytical mind
LWF/WS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. LWF/WS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Deadline is 30th July,2021