Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HIAS is a global Jewish not-for-profit organization that stands for a world in which displaced persons attain full potential and contribute to society through sustained legal, social, and systematic change, attaining legal status, exercising social and economic rights and rebuilding their lives. HIAS’ operation in Kenya was established in 2002 with the mission to serve the most vulnerable refugees through community based legal protection, Mental health and Psycho Social-Support (MHPSS), Economic Inclusion, Child Protection and provision of durable solutions.With funding from the Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (BPRM), this project, Increasing Protection for Vulnerable Refugees and Host Communities in Nairobi, is being implemented by HIAS Kenya until mid-September 2021. The project’s goal is to improve the safety and well-being of vulnerable refugees and host communities living in Nairobi through community-based protection and capacity building. The project aims to achieve the following outcomes:
- Provide an overview on prevention strategies for HIAS staff and partners on SASA! together
- Support in evidence reviews and overview of the types of GBV primary prevention methodologies.
- Train HIAS staff and partners on GBV principles of prevention.
Purpose of consultancy
The purpose for the consultancy is to build the capacity of HIAS Kenya staff and partners to achieve the following main objectives:
- HIAS staff and partners are trained to enhance their understanding on the SASA! (Start, Awareness, Support, Action) together.
- To guide HIAS staff and partners on understanding GBV Prevention approaches in humanitarian setting.
- HIAS staff and partners’ have increased knowledge on core principles in GBV prevention
- HIAS staff and partners have increased knowledge on adoption of innovative prevention strategies and how to adapt them during COVID -19 period.
- sans-serif”=””>Built the capacity of HIAS staff and partners on SASA! Monitoring and Evaluation tools
METHODOLOGY AND SCOPE OF WORK
In close co-ordination with HIAS, the consultant will implement the following tasks:
- Design the training resources:<ol “list-style-type:=”” lower-alpha”=””>
- Develop the training content for staff and partner trainings to be delivered through interactive activities, methodologies and discussions;
- Draft the methodology and training schedule and submit to HIAS for review and approval;
- Finalize the methodology and training schedule as approved by HIAS;
- Conduct the training based on the approved methodology and training/ schedule,
- Conduct the evaluation of the training/
- Produce trainings Report
- The Trainings shall be conducted remotely in adherence with government guideline on social distancing.
The following will be the expected deliverables and outputs of the consultancy:
- Work plan for developing the training, and proposed methodologies.
- Evaluation report of the training and the trainer/facilitator
- A final process report on the consultancy
- Soft copies of all presentations and training notes.Develop mean or tools of measuring and evaluating training outcomes
The overall consultancy is expected to cover a duration of 14 working days including the preparation phase, (sharing training agenda and content with HIAS team for reviews). The Consultant should be able to undertake some of the tasks concurrently to fit within the planned HIAS work plan and timeframe, without compromising the quality of work expected.
HIAS will be responsible for the following:
- Overall coordination and provide all the prerequisites to the consultant during the consultancy period.
- Technical and operational support required throughout the training process.
- Technical review of all training content, tools and reports.
- HIAS will also oversee the coordination and logistics of the remote trainings.
The Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Developing of training resources, reviewing existing information, preparing training outlines and objectives.
- Developing of an appropriate methodology for the training specifically one that is participatory and empirical.
- Sharing SASA! together implementation real time innovative success stories for learning.
CONSULTANCY COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Consulting firm or individual with demonstrable experience in GBV evidence-based prevention interventions. This includes specific experience with primary prevention activities designed to address root causes of GBV and gender inequality.
- Prior experience in developing participatory training resources and completing trainings.
- Experience in providing capacity building on how to handle individuals in situations of risk of violence and how they can seek support.
- A certified TOT on SASA! together training, a team leader preferably with a graduate degree in social science or related discipline with extensive knowledge and experience in Evidence Based GBV prevention and Behaviour Change Communication
- Experience in remote capacity building on GBV prevention with great understanding of ethical consideration and cultural diversity when conducting trainings.
- Experience in working in Humanitarian sector and with refugees in urban setting preferably in Kenya.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND REQUIREMENTS
Qualified and interested parties are asked to submit the following:
- Letter of interest in submission of a proposal.
- A detailed technical proposal, with budget, clearly demonstrating a thorough understanding of this ToRs and including but not limited to the following;
- Consultant/Company Profile
- Demonstrated previous experience in similar assignments and qualifications outlined in this ToRs. Please attach a previous training report where applicable.
- Team composition and level of effort of each proposed team member and include CVs of each team member.
HRTK is an equal opportunity employer, does not charge candidates for recruitment and dissociates itself from any entity defrauding candidate