Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Driver
Reporting To: Procurement Assistant
Staff Reporting: Driver
Matrix Management: Kenya Program
Base Location: Wajir
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Assistant, the incumbent performs the following functions:**
• Responsible for the safety and security of the passengers and goods on board the vehicle.
• Drive and maintain the vehicle in a professional, conscientious and safe manner by obeying the local road traffic laws.
• Ensure that at all times the vehicle is equipped with the correct tools and spare parts (functioning jack, a spade, an approved tool kit, a spare wheel with a properly inflated tyre and an approved first aid kit).
• Ensure that the vehicle is checked daily and weekly, and correctly maintained.
• Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean, inside and outside, at all times and that the Organisation stickers are visible depending on the security situation.
• Report all accidents, or other incidents involving other vehicles or pedestrians, to the Procurement officer. Also ensure that proper procedures for insurance claims are followed at the times and scene of any accident.**
• To report any vehicle damage or malfunction to the Procurement Assistant as soon as possible. **
• Maintain proper records of the vehicle i.e. vehicle log-sheet, service and maintenance report**
• Responsible for loading and offloading of vehicle.
• Provide occasional interpreting services for Organisation staff.
• Observe security policy and guidelines at all times.
• Maintain records and logbooks regarding mileage, servicing, petrol consumption and general vehicle condition.
• Maintain regular radio communications between the field staff and Organisation.
• Secondary school certificate.
• Clean driving license
• Certificate in Mechanical Engineering is an added advantage
Knowledge skills and Experience:
• Well-versed in the cleaning of both the inside and outside of the vehicle
• Minimum 3 years work experience as a driver preferably with INGO
• Good Knowledge of local language and knowledge of the area of operation is an advantage.
• Proven record of picking up passengers and listening to their concerns
• Able to give accurate and detailed information about routes and journey.
• Demonstrated ability to provide a secure environment for passengers and employer while in transit
• Thorough understanding of motor vehicle engine functionality
• Competent at checking the vehicle for problems and performing pre/post trip maintenance tasks.
• Effective skills in keeping records on mileage and fuel consumption.
• Familiar with all Kenyan traffic laws and regulations.
• Known for demonstrating a high level of courtesy and professionalism to passengers and coworkers.
• Committed to helping passengers efficiently when loading and offloading their luggage.
How to apply
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts. The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line. Send your application to Recruitment.Irk@islamic-relief.or.ke by Friday 23rd July 2021
Please note that this is an urgent recruitment shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis