Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Kakuma Refugee Camp
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya-Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners.
Lutheran World Federation World Service Kenya – Somalia Program is seeking to recruit Kenyan national for the following position to be based in Kakuma.
Position: ICT Assistant
- Provide technical lead and support to education and other program teams on digital learning components.
- He/she will work with ICT officer to support schools and other learning facilities to manage and care for all digital learning devices, and other digital equipment, repair and maintain them.
- S/he will be required to ensure the use of technology in education is fully adopted, used effectively and efficiently, track outcomes and report on them.
The incumbent will report directly to Education Officer – Administration and Support or his/her designate.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with the IT officer and other Digital learning service providers to ensure equipment and software are up to date.
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of all digital learning equipment in schools and other learning institutions including Youth Center’s that offer digital learning programs
- Support Instant schools Network project and Maggie schools Program
- Support data collection and management for research and needs assessment
- Training; Provide regular training for new and current members of staff for new and existing applications.
- Ensure data and system integrity by setting up and administrating ICT security systems: anti-virus, backup routines, access controls, firewall and physical security.
- Maintain necessary documentation for system maintenance and follow up appropriate maintenance contracts for all ICT equipment.
- Enhance office IT system through appropriate upgrades and advise Operations Unit on changes or improvements required.
Academic and professional Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in IT, preferably with some education background
- At least 1 or more IT industry certifications e.g. CISCO, CompTIA A+.
- At least 2 years of experience providing technology (ICT) in education, overseeing the use of digital learning devices in learning processes in primary or secondary schools
- Experience working with INGOs or other international donor-funded programs a plus.
- A good understanding of how, and the skills needed, to maintain reliable computer systems.
- Basic training and/or coaching skills are highly needed
- Ability to communicate and maintain highly professionalism
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to explain computer and IT concepts to staff who may have very basic IT knowledge.
- Able to effectively manage, operate, repair and maintain PC and local office hardware and software applications.
- Able to set up and manage internet routers, Wi-Fi access points, printers, projectors, scanners.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage a large and diverse workload under pressure.
- Ability to work and contribute as a team member in systems implementations.
- Willingness to work outside regular office hours including weekends when needed
Closing date for applications 30 July 2021
LWF/WS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. LWF/WS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.