Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Business Development Manager – Geocycle
As the world’s global leader in innovative and sustainable building materials, Holcim is reinventing the way the
world builds. Supported by a 70,000-strong global team spread across 70 markets and four industry segments,
we are committed to shaping a greener, smarter and healthier world.
As we continue to look for more sustainable ways to build, we need world-class talent to join our team. People
who are passionate about sustainability, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in
our high-performance culture.
Bamburi Cement PLC is a member of Holcim, the world’s global leader in innovative and sustainable building
Bamburi Cement is the leading cement manufacturing and marketing company in the Eastern Africa region. It
has four subsidiaries Hima Cement Ltd (Uganda), Bamburi Special Products Ltd, Lafarge Eco Systems Ltd and
Geocycle is a waste management organization; fully owned by Holcim. It is the leading provider of industrial,
agricultural and municipal waste management services worldwide. Applying the proven technology of ‘coprocessing’, it utilizes existing facilities in cement industry to resolve waste challenges sustainably. This enables
Bamburi to recover energy, and recycle materials from waste – contributing to building better for people and the
planet. You can read more about our Geocycle business at http://www.geocycle.com.
Geocycle Kenya is looking to employ a Business Development Manager. The role reports to Geocycle and
Business Projects Director and requires frequent and extensive travel within the country.
The opportunity at a glance
This position is responsible for our implementation and management of our alternative fuels and raw materials
sourcing strategies for our operations. The job holder will work within a diverse environment to engage with a
broad range of internal and external stakeholders to drive our circular economy goals and create value for our
The job holder will help us reduce our dependency on natural resources and fossil fuels by transforming waste
into resources for all our production processes. This will bring more value to the environment and society through
sustainable solutions to waste – while reducing waste dumping, land filling and incineration; thereby creating
more local employment opportunities (among others in waste collection, waste segregation and treatment).
- Identify opportunities to increase sources of alternative fuels and alternative raw materials within Kenya by anticipating and developing new business streams to meet our commitments through continuous market assessments, market intelligence, field visits and sales closure.
- Sourcing for Alternative Fuels and Alternative Raw Materials.
- Liaising, developing and building close business relationships with stakeholders such as Waste Producers, Manufacturers, County Governments, and NEMA, other Industry and environment bodies and Waste Management Organizations in Kenya and participate in events related to Alternative Fuel
and Raw Materials usage.
- Ensure that our circular economy partners are fully compliant with applicable legalization and our company standards and procedures.
- Prepare and manage commercial offers and tenders for alternative fuels and raw materials
- Manage contracts and supply of alternative fuels and raw materials in line with contract terms and business needs
- Effectively communicate to ensure that Industrial requirement are met, and any issue are resolved in a timely manner.
- Build up and maintain the knowhow on legal requirements and restrictions about waste management and any other regulation influencing waste pretreatment and co-processing in cooperation with the Legal department.
- You will contribute to ensuring that Bamburi Cement achieves its goal of Zero Waste through:
- Delivering on annual targets and KPIs as assigned by the Geocycle & Business Projects Director
- Delivering Gross Added Value
- Contributing towards Thermal Substitution Rate (TSR) of the country
- Minimize waste and maximize co-processing
- Zero fatalities
- Zero regulatory safety non-compliance incidents
This job may be for you if you have:
– A degree preferably in Business, Engineering or Environmental Discipline
– Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in Business Development, Marketing Sales, Cement Manufacturing and/or Waste Management.
– Very good understanding of the waste market and associated legal framework developments
– An entrepreneurial mindset, and drive to exploit developments in a fast moving and dynamic sector
– Strong appreciation of commercial developments in waste collection & transportation, treatment, recovery and disposal technologies and cement manufacturing
– Have more than 5 years driving experience.
– The ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and sponsor new approaches and technology to promote efficiency
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us? If you are interested in joining our team, please send your Application Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae containing names of three referees who can provide
confidential assessment of your capabilities by 15th August 2021 to the email email@example.com Please remember to quote the position on the email subject line. For
more information, please visit our website http://www.lafarge.co.ke. Bamburi Cement Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Bamburi Cement Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Qualified females are greatly encouraged to apply
3. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification