Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
At CEVA, we believe that logistics is a people business, that’s why we create an environment of trust and team spirit – we encourage initiative and we empower our talent to grow in their careers. We are supply chain experts and live and breathe it every day. We offer a broad range of services in Contract Logistics, Air, Ocean and Ground management thanks to our 78,000 employees, operating in more than 160 countries. At CEVA, we are passionate about our work and the value we deliver to our customers and as a company, we are growing at a fast pace – do you Dare to Grow with us?
PURPOSE OF THE PROFILE
Within the East Africa region, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating, directing, designing and managing development or support function involving multiple teams and areas of responsibility to deliver high-performance results that support the company’s Ground & Rail operations business objectives nationally and internationally.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
- You will provide leadership, guidance and supervision to managers responsible for projects, programs and/or support functions on East Africa Ground Operations.
- You will monitor, measure and control the structure and performance of Ground & Rail Operations teams.
- You will develop methods to achieve business goals at the optimum return on investment level for the company.
- You will manage the budget, financial performance, risk management, regulatory compliance and quality controls of the Ground & Rail Operations function in specific areas of responsibility.
- You will manage the Ground Operations function using business practices that take into account the economic impact of new projects on the organization and strategic business objectives, including cost benefit analyses and budget planning.
- You will develop and maintain development programs that provide adequate levels of training, backup planning, skills development, and general department efficiency and capability.
- You will conduct annual performance reviews for all staff in the Ground & Rail department. You will also address all performance problems of employees directly in line with the company’s personnel policies.
- You will ensure compliance with general rules and regulations on Ground & Rail Operations.
- You will use superior communication skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with managers and customers.
- You will ensure there is proper use of the work area and all equipment belonging to the employer and personal protective equipment.
- You will accept any additional duties as situations arise.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in transportation and logistics industry.
- Ability to make quick, smart business decisions.
- Strong oral communication skills and negotiating talents.
- Previous management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively train others, preferably with experience in doing so.
- Outstanding organizational skills, excellent time management skills, ability to multitask.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
With a genuine culture of reward and recognition, we want our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer a benefits package that includes competitive annual leave entitlement with a fantastic holiday buy scheme, pension and life assurance along with access to an employee benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and money off vouchers for a diverse range of retail, travel and hospitality brands. There’s no doubt that you will be compensated for your hard work and commitment so if you’d like to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then please do get in touch to find your next role.
We value your professional and personal growth. That’s why we share plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA. Join CEVA for a challenging career.
As a global organization, and as part of the CMA CGM Group, diversity is critical to our business success; only when we can reflect the cultures, languages, behaviors and local knowledge of our customers, we can succeed. By employing people with different experiences and abilities, we expand our knowledge and increase our creativity and innovation.
Please note: Legitimate CEVA Logistics recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn or via an official company email address: email@example.com. We recommend that you do not respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or offers from people with whom you are unfamiliar.