Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Technology Infrastructure department oversees planning, deployment and operation of state-of-the-art infrastructure services that include server, storage, network, databases and Cloud that support mission critical services for the Bank.
The database administrator is responsible for ensuring high performance, high availability, integrity, and security of database systems within the KCB group entities. These databases will run on diverse technologies such as MySQL, MS SQL and other relational databases.
- Manage SQL Server and MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations.
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems.
- Prepare documentations and specifications.
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT related field or Electrical Engineering.
- 3 years’ progressive experience in Information Technology with at least 2 years’ experience in database management in environments with MS SQL, MySQL and other relational databases.
- Certification in MS SQL, MySQL Certification is preferred.
- Experience in other Opensource SQL database will be an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 30th July 2021.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.