Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
HEAD OF INSTITUTIONS
There is an opportunity for ambitious, self-driven individual to fill the above position.
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer.
To grow the Institutions business by providing effective leadership to the department’s staff and management of the department’s operations to optimize acquisition of new customers; selling Institutions Banking products; quality of relationship management and maintenance of portfolio existing customers; and increasing usage of the Bank’s products by cross-selling.
- To develop market and monitor Liability and Cash Management products to expand the Bank’s deposit customer base, targeting mainly Institutions customers and focusing on funding cost reducing liability products.
- Ensure effective day-to-day contact and management of existing Liability and Cash Management customers in the Bank with a view to increasing the Bank’s share of business and reducing the funding cost base.
- Develop and undertake marketing for new Liability and Cash Management products, to the target customer groups/markets to enable the Bank expand its business base.
- Put in place an MIS system that will enable continuous tracking of the division’s performance.
- Monitoring of customer satisfaction and provision of management reports.
- As a member of the Bank’s Assets and Liabilities Committee, take a proactive role in influencing policies and the strategic direction of the bank.
- Initiate and lead projects for developing or improving products for Institutions Banking.
- Take a proactive lead role in the strategic direction of the Institutions banking business including development of strategic plans.
- In charge of partnerships with external investors focusing on the sector.
- Ensure value chain exploitation of the clients under the relationship.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting potential and actual Money Laundering Risk, including suspicious transactions in accordance with the laid down AML policies procedures.
- Establishing appropriate quality and productivity benchmarks for business development (customer acquisition and sales) and portfolio maintenance.
- Setting targets for members of the team using the quality and productivity benchmarks to ensure effective competitiveness in the market.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication systems to ensure adequate level of exchange (or share) of information within the team, vertically along the hierarchies that affect the team and horizontally with other departments that the team needs to perform their tasks.
- Delegating, mentoring and coaching staff to optimize their motivation, development and productivity.
- Planning and coordinating training & development of staff to achieve and sustain effective level of competence for performing their task.
- Customer pricing within the bank’s pricing policies and/or guidelines.
- Any other official duties that may be allocated from time to time by management.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business related field.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Have a minimum 8 years’ experience, 3 of which should be at senior management level.
- Clear understanding of Institutions banking business banking models.
- High level of cooperation with others and is responsive to the bank’s Skills in leadership and business development.
Key Competencies and Attributes
- Results oriented with excellent communication, analytical skills, with outstanding reporting & Customer Service skills.
- A forward planner with clear focus, mature, reliable, hardworking and able to work without supervision.
- Possess ability to prioritize and organize a heavy workload while observing set deadlines.
- Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, accuracy, confidentiality and integrity when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Establish and maintain a system that fosters a culture of teamwork, employee empowerment and commitment to the department’s and the Bank’s goals as well as sustain effective competitive positioning and optimal sales productivity.
- Upholds high standard of Professionalism, integrity and respect for others.
ALL applicants MUST apply online to the email; email@example.com; closing date is 31st July 2021. Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”